Saturday, September 11, 2010
The neatest lady I know
This month we said good bye to one of my greatest heros. This woman did more in her life then I could ever imagine one woman accomplishing. She raised 6 awesome son's and 1 amazing daughter. She was the ultimate BEST mother and grandmother ever. When I was younger we spent every summer in Utah and while my mom was busy with PVP grandma slipped in as our mom. We learned songs, lessons, and how to be positive and ENJOY life. She was always telling us to keep practicing the piano and to let our hair grow out long :) I felt especially lucky because I got to have her same middle name. Betty June - Chelsea June.
Just days before she passed we were emailing back and forth. Me asking advice about raising twin boys and surviving residency - her replying by telling me to lay down and get off my feet and telling J.R. to nod his head then do what he thinks is best at work. She was an amazing writer with quiet humor filling the pages. She was my best resource for advice and love that only a grandma could offer.
I wasn't ready for her to go, but have a very strong testimony that she was needed on the other side and that it won't be long till I'll get to tell her how much I love her in person.
I hope I can be just like her when I grow up. I want to have her same love for life, love for ALL her kids ( 7 kids, 48 grandkids, and over 110 great-grandkids). That's a lot of people to keep track of and pray for, but I have no doubt she took time to think about each of us individually.
I hope her legacy can live on through her memories and strong testimony of the only true gospel on earth.
I love you bushel and a peck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment