We had the unfortunate opportunity of going to Chicago for the funeral of Sherry Labrum. It was such a sad circumstance. She and Ron were vacationing in the bahamas somewhere when she fell out of a golf cart, hit her head and went into a coma. She was in the hospital for a very long time, ended up coming home then going back for continued problems. I can't remember what she actually ended up dying from or even how accurate my details are, but regardless is was a terribly tragic situation. My heart broke in two for her entire family. Ron and my dad were best friend cousins. We hung out with the Labrums a lot growing up. I used to think they were our cousins (but I guess they are our 2nd cousins) Ron and Sherry came to visit my dad just days before he passed away. I got a really great picture of the 3 of them. I framed it and gave it to Ron at the funeral. I knew I would be able to feel my dad close if I could get to the funeral so we threw the kids in the car and took off for the weekend. The kids were very frustrating in the funeral. J.R. ended up staying with them in the nursery room the whole time and I stood in the back of a very very crowded chapel and listened. It was amazing! I felt the spirit so strong. It broke open some wounds that had been healing from my dad's death, but it felt good to feel again and remember how much I miss him. I'm so glad we went.
Before we went home I wanted to see the BEAN since I figured this would be our last time to Chicago while living in Indy. It was freezing! The Bean was really cool in spite of Elliot whining the entire time because he was cold, then he had to pee, then he forgot he had to poop, then he was hungry and the twins were their usually crying "hate the stroller" selves. With lots of deep breaths and even more tuning my children out, I was able to enjoy the surroundings and take in the spirit of the weekend.
I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids.....



No comments:
Post a Comment