I really feel like we've turned a corner this year. I can officially say that twins is now EASY. Yes, I said it....easy. Up till now I've felt the extra burden of twins, but now they are best of friends, totally potty trained, and great entertainers for each other. Life is good......(sounds like it's time to add another ;)
A bit about the brothers (Sam and Elliot call them THE BROTHERS...too funny)
Jaxon:
Still as goofy as ever. He really is ready for the stage. He follows direction and is crazy funny! He's mastered the one eyebrow raise. He can do it on both sides and will do it on que as our little walking "party trick". He still loves to snuggle and watch movies on our bed. He's the best hugger, kisser, snuggler. Our exit routine is a kiss, a hug and a high five. He's much more clingy and less independent then Miles. Doesn't always love going to Preschool. Misses mom a lot. Smart as a whip though. He can spell his name and almost count correctly to 20. He often asks Elliot to do his math flash cards with him. Elliot does his best to teach him basic addition. It's adorable. He wakes up every single night at the exact same time crying. He usually makes his way up to our room and either heads to his "little bed" or just slides into our bed. With a king size bed now it's hard to even realize he's there. Nothing warms my heart more then waking up to his sweet sleeping face next to mine. Even though I should be sending him back to his own bed, I secretly love the habit and don't want it to end. He's 5 lbs heavier and 1 inch taller then Miles now. People often ask if he's older. He's got a rock solid little body. He's our bruiser. I actually have the bruises to prove it ;) Jaxon loves the color green and his favorite super hero is Superman.
Miles:
This boy is sweet as pie. He loves to do stuff with mom and dad, not matter the task. Whether it's making dinner, picking up toys, washing windows, cleaning the bathroom, feeding Rookie, etc....he just loves to be with us. He turns down movies, video games, iPads to do stuff with me and dad. It's endearing. He's not as lovey and touchy as Jaxon, but it's obvious his love language is quality time and I'm happy to indulge. It's fun having someone to talk to about making mashed potatoes or how to know when noodles are cooked. Miles smile still melts hearts. He is definitely the 'boss' of him and Jaxon. He loves telling Jaxon what to do. He confirms with me or asks my permission then orders Jaxon around. The good thing is Jaxon doesn't mind. He likes being told what to do. Miles is a very detailed person. He talks very articulately and is very detailed in the questions he asks if he's learning a new rule or new anything. He's very obedient as well. Follows rules to a T and makes sure I am following my own rules as well (he often catches me with food in the basement). Miles is more independent and less timid when trying new things or going new places. He is trusting and willing to give things a good try. Miles loves the color red & orange and is still obsessed with Spiderman.
Both boys are growing out of their clothes like weeds. It's hard to keep their drawers rotated with clothes that fit. Sometimes I buy similar clothes in different sizes so I'm constantly checking labels and it's nearly impossible for J.R. or any random person to dress them and actually get it right. They sleep in bunk beds. Miles on top and Jaxon on bottom. They love their very ragged blankets and they LOVE each other. They play so so good together. Rarely do they get in fights. And by rarely I mean pretty much Never! The only time fights start up is when Elliot is home and for some reason the 3some dynamic just throws them off a bit. But, for having 3 energetic boys there really is not much fighting. I'm very blessed!!
Happy 4th birthday smart, sweet, handsome boys! It's been an amazing journey.
Happy bday to Landon and Lydia too. They also got candles in the bday cake. Elliot loves helping to blow theirs out. :)
xoxoxo, mom.
Try not to judge me...1 is a cat and 1 has no shirt.
In my defense I was HORRIBLY sick this day. I lifted my head just long enough to sing Happy Birthday and open a couple presents and then I went straight to bed (at 8pm!) Luckily dad continued the festivities and played with new toys and Facetimed Om and Opa. December bdays are hard and even harder when mom is ill. Hopefully they still had fun. :)








No comments:
Post a Comment