Sunday, June 1, 2008

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY ELLIOT!

I can't believe he's already 1. It really blows my mind. To think that a whole year has gone by since I only dreamt of Elliot and what it would be like to be a mother and care for someone so dependent on me...it's wild! He is a dream come true! I feel so blessed to have such a sweet soul to remind me how wonderful this life is. It's so fun to see the world through his innocent, first time eyes. He makes me so happy!
A few of my favorite things...
-Listening to him babble to himself in the morning
-Watching him learn a new "trick" and seeing how excited he is to perform it over and over
-Singing together while he takes a bath...its' our favorite time to sing, great acoustics!
-Watching him "people watch" He loves people, especially kids
-Sitting on the couch together, snuggled in a blanket, watching cartoons (he's a great cuddler!)
-Having a conversation back and forth without having to speak the same language
-Reading just before bedtime. Again, so cuddly
-The wrestling match that every diaper change turns into...how is he so strong?
-Just seeing him smile at me, knowing it's his way of saying Thanks for being my mom!
I LOVE YOU ELLIOT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
THE CAKE
First bite...not sure what to expect
Liking it...
LOVING IT... The sugar high is setting in now

After a while Elliot started throwing the cake everywhere...Luckily Logan was there to clean up :0)
I tried to wipe off as much cake as possible, then let them play with the new toy Logan gave him. It was a bit cold to play in water today, but they still had fun!
They warmed up quick in a much needed tub! BFFE!


Enjoying the moment and the mess!

14 comments:

Amy Jane said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIOT!! i love all the new posts, looks like it was a fun birthday weekend! oh, and cute new cut :)

Unknown said...

Wow, great new set of posts! Been a pretty exciting weekend for you guys! Congrats to all of you on Elliot's cuteness and his birthday!

kkoyle said...

Isn't is amazing how fast they grow up! I just watch reese sometimes and wonder how I'll ever remember all these wonderful times. How good it is to see you guys doing so well, Happy Birthday Elliot and best wishes to all of you.

kyle

Angie said...

I can't believe he is one years old already. Amazing. He is getting cuter and cuter everytime we see him. Looks like he really enjoyed his cake.

Ashley said...

Happy Birhtday to Elliot. It goes by so fast. Enjoy the time you have right now. Coop is 18 months now and he is saying so many words. It's like he grew up overnight!

Kasi French said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He is absolutley adorable ~ I love the cake moments!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Elliot! I can't believe he's one either! Where does the time go?

Looks like he had a great time with his cake. How cute!

Katie Jane said...

Totally cute! I love that he just dug into his cake!

Kylene said...

He is such a doll. I love first birthdays! The whole cake bit makes me laugh everytime. :)

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy birthday Elliot! I love that he just slaughtered that cake! What a fun boy!

Becca said...

YAY! Lots of cute pics! I can't believe how grown up he is! Very handsome new haircut. He got some kick-butt presents!

kat said...

So much fun! Happy Birthday ELLIOT! Love the pics...He is dang cute.

Noel Family said...

Can you believe how fast the first year has gone?! Those pictures are so cute and when I watched the video of him eating his cake, the last like 2 seconds TOTALLY reminded me of JR! It was as if I watching him doing the same thing! :)

Amy F. said...

That's awesome! One year! He is so cute, and what a head of hair he has. I bet he'll be a good singer like his Mommy. Love it!