We had a great time during J.R's vacation week. We went to Cincinnati and Chicago to get second opinions on my knees and while we were there decided to enjoy the cities.
Cincinnati was less then exciting. I loved the doctor I saw there - Dr. Noyes - but Elliot was so terribly bored on the 2 hour drive there that he had a melt down when we finally got to the Dr. office. Once he took a forced nap in the car he was calm enough - and we were calm enough - to make a quick stop at the Gap clearance store. I got a couple good finds, but I was too exhausted to dig through all that so we were in the car on our way home in no time.
Chicago was a much more relaxing trip. We learned our lesson and bought a DVD player for the car. Thank heavens because Chicago is a 3.5 hour drive. We talked to Dr. Cole whom I didn't like as much as Dr. Noyes - he was very rushed and didn't seem too happy to see me, probably because Elliot was there and was all over the place. Ironically, he told me to do the opposite of what Dr. Noyes said....hummmm.....I think I have become more confused then when I started this process.
After the apt. we found a nice hotel and checked in early, ordered in Chicago Pizza from Lou Malnatis (thanks Andrea for the suggestion) and spent the evening in the pool. It was so fun. Elliot could have stayed there all night. He LOVES the water. He's a pretty good swimmer too. He uses his little arm floaties but gets around really well.
The next morning we woke up late, ate way too much of the continental breakfast, then headed to the Aquarium. Although getting into the place took FOREVER (thanks to school groups creating major problems) but once we got in it was fun. Elliot enjoyed looking at all the weird fish and loved the petting part where he got soaked. They also had a nice dolphin show to end our day.
The other 4 days of J.R.'s break we just CHILLED AT HOME! Wore our P.J.'s till noon. Watched a lot of movies and played a lot of "Fumble" with Elliot. It was the perfect cleans we both needed after 2 VERY stressful months!
3 comments:
Dear Chels ... I'm where you are for an undefined period of time. Let's be friends!
The knees. No fun.
Aquarium. Tons of fun!
P.J's till noon. Even better!
Good luck with the knee part :( When you get it perfected tell me and then I'll go out and do the same thing to fix mine.
So sorry about the conflicting doctors' opinions. How annoying! But it sounds like you got in on a little fun at the same time. We went to Lou Malnati's when we were in Chicago and really enjoyed it. We also went to the Aquarium, but didn't go to the shows. I'm glad you had fun! Good luck with future doctors....hope something is figured out that will be best for you!
Post a Comment