By that night I was ready to throw in the towel. Wondering why I was being asked to raise two at a time and why they had to be such difficult babies. It was hard to control my thoughts as they were spiraling downward. But then when both kids were finally sleeping at the same time I sat down to read my scriptures. This is what I read...
Mosiah 24:14 "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me herafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I , the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."
That was not the only tender mercy He sent...Today was FANTASTIC! Both babies slept wonderful! When they were awake they were well rested and happy. I was able to make dinner and even go for a walk. To make the day even better Elliot ate healthy food all day!! For snacks he ate pears and baby carrots!! He even sat at the dinner and ate the BBQ chicken I made with out even the tiniest fight. It was amazing!! I hope this is a turning point for him and he can start exploring food beyond chicken nuggets and spaghetti O's.
Such a GREAT day!
Miles
Jaxon
Elliot



8 comments:
We miss you guys! That's always how the twins were here too. They would have a good day, and then a fussy day. The only difference is you had lots more arms to help! Love you!
You are an amazing mom Chels and an amazing example ... those boys are lucky to have you!
Great post, Chelsea. I don't even have the burden of twins or even the stress of a difficult child and sometimes I feel overwhelmed. thanks for sharing your insights.
Your kids are such pretty little things! Best to you guys! :)
Maybe another tender mercy will be they will be great toddlers. I am at my end with my not so sweet McKay right now. Where did he go? :) Miss you girl
Oh, Chelsea! I've had so many of those days! I still have those days and my twins are 3 now! I keep waiting for it to get easier. It does in some ways. We are trying to perfect potty-training at our house. I can't believe I'm saying this, but sometimes I miss diapers! Ha! Ha! It's been a serious challenge and I spend half my day in the bathroom wiping kids bums. Oh, the joys of motherhood! I loved that scripture you found! Wow! That is powerful! The Savior is our strength. These are his children and he sent them to us because we are the Mothers they needed! And for some reason, those little boys needed to come together! They'll be the best of friends and then they'll drive each other crazy! Oh, my goodness! Just wait! I just have to remind myself my life won't always be this hard and won't always be this fun! I'm trying to live in the moment and not wish it all away! Hang in there! A good cry and a friend always helps! Your boys are beautiful!
Oh Chels, thank you for this post. The closer I get to having these babies the more I start remembering what the first few months were like with Luke and Liam and I start to panic a little. I think some of the hardest times of my life were sitting in the rocking chair in the middle of the night with two crying babies. I remember just crying myslef and wondering why I ever chose to have children, but those were the momments when the Lord would touch my heart and give me some of the most spiritual experiences of my life.
As I look at Luke and Liam grow, I realize that they were meant to come together, and it DOES get easier I promise!!!!! There almost seven now, and of course we have new challenges, but SO MUCH EASIER, and they are such great friends.
Hang in there, you are amazing! I might need to call you when my babies come and I feel like having a nervous breakdown!
Love ya!
P.S. You look so beautiful in that picture from the baby blessing. I hope I look as good as you after my twins are born.
Give J.R. a big hug from me will ya?
Post a Comment