Monday, December 19, 2011

Just a taste

What a fun celebration for babies and parents! We made it to 1 year!!!!







As you can see Miles loved the cake and spent the whole time licking the icing off the sticks. Jaxon on the other hand didn't love the mess. He was so bothered by the yuck on his hands that he could care less about the sweet taste. Such cute boys and such different personalities. I feel so lucky to have them both!

A little bit about the twins...

Jaxon:
-He's really good at standing...and standing...and standing. Occasionally will attempt a few steps, but mostly just likes to stand. 
Miles:
-Will cruise along the furniture and climb the steps, but has no interest in walking or even trying to walk assisted. He'll do it when he's good and ready.
Jaxon:
-He's a great eater. Will try anything and stays focused on getting it done till he's full. He's getting pretty good at taking a sippy cup...still not his favorite though.
Miles:
-Has to be entertained during the entire feeding "session." If he doesn't have a toy in hand he WILL NOT open his mouth. Sometimes it's hilarious to see his clamped mouth and emotionless eyes stare at you as if saying "excuse me, you know exactly what I want and I'm not giving in till I get it. I'll eat when I'm good and ready." Miles doesn't like his sippy cup. He'd rather chew on it or throw it then suck anything out of it. 
Jaxon: 
-Loves to cuddle and suck his binky on moms shoulder. But as soon as dad walks in the door, mom is left in the dust. 
Miles:
-Also loves to cuddle right after waking up from a nap. Hates binkies. Loves his daddy! 
Jaxon & Miles:
-Both love wrestling. If they see anyone on the floor laughing they are quick to crawl over and join the fun, trying to get to the top of the heap or smacking whoever's head is closest.
-Both sleep great (usually). 1-2 naps with 12 hours straight at night. It gives me precious time to focus on Elliot or get something done.
-Both love their older brother. Elliot is always making them laugh. He loves playing with them and showing them new things. He's in their crib in the morning. In their bath at night. BEST PALS!
-Both have stollen my heart. I can't imagine life without these boys and can't believe how much love can actually grow with each child. 

I can't believe a year has already passed. All moms of twins I've talked to have told me "Just survive the first year. It gets much easier after that." And although it does seems like a blur with not much sleep and lots of ear infections, I look back and feel proud of our little family embracing the new responsibility of raising 2 more beautiful boys. We've "survived" and are looking forward to more fun, more giggles, more hugs and more kisses!

Happy 1st Birthday Jaxon and Miles. I LOVE YOU!

5 comments:

Malinovka said...

TOO cute!! Love, love.

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

AWWWWW, CONGRATULATIONS MOM!

Erin Davis said...

Happy Birthday to my boys! We miss them so much. Such cute pictures. Come home with Mom! :)

Amy Jane said...

i can't believe they are one!! and seriously so adorable! great job, you are such a rock star mama! :)

Kylene said...

Such darling boys and pic's!