Here's a Q & A from a friend of mine. It's fun exploring my ideas and it's always great journaling for my blog. Thanks Erin for thinking of me.
This is what happens when we don't have kids with us and we're trying to entertain ourselves.
Who knew the timer on our little camera could be so much fun!
A little peek into my brain.
- What's the best advice you've received? "Don't look too far ahead. Enjoy the moment." I often feel like life won't really start till J.R. is done with school, but then I'd miss 5 years of Elliot's life and 2 1/2 years of the twins lives. SO... I'm trying to remember that we're living now. Evening though things will change drastically when school is done I would be missing out on a lot of memories on the way if I didn't remember to ENJOY THE MOMENT! So I will. :)
- What's one of your favorite go-t0 recipes? Please post the recipe. Taco Salad. No recipe needed. Brown hamburger. Taco seasoning. Maybe black beans. Chips. Then lots of vegetable toppings. It's super fast and I love it.
- What do you do to find joy in parenting? Or, what do you do to find joy in this stage of life? I try to remember that every day kids grow up. Every day they get smarter, grow taller, and need me less. Although all that is good, it's sad to see time pass. I try to remind myself that one day I'll wish I had them little again. Parenting is about helping to shape them into the people they will become. The job is overwhelming at times. Someone once told me that their kids are not theirs - they have to EARN them. I like to imagine it that way. My kids aren't mine by some political right or unseen parenting power, but I'm supposed to prove that I deserve them. I'm supposed to show that I'm worthy enough to call them mine and that they'd choose me if given the choice.
- What's the best book you've read lately? I just finished Still Alice. This book scared me to death. To watch her live with Alzheimers is tragic. Especially when she can see herself slipping away. Long term diseases are horribly vicious on the person, their families, and their entire community. It gives us a very clear perspective on life. How fragile life is and how small we are in the grand scheme. I believe God is very particular in the people who are asked to endure such trials. My dad is one of those people who grew to become his best person while he was living with ALS.
- What activities do you and your children enjoy doing together? Or, what activities do you enjoy doing in your free time? With kids: anything outside. Boys have a lot of energy so we try to release it with bikes, sports, water fun, running, climbing, exploring. Anything active. Myself: photography, digital scrapbooking, biking, organizing (I love cleaning out closets or drawers or my computer desktop. It gives me warm fuzzies.) Anything crafty really.
- What's one of your pet peeves? Saying "Dinners ready, lets eat." then having to drag every person to the table. (J.R. included) I hate eating after food gets cold. And no one in my family likes to eat. Dinner to me is a necessity. If we could go without it I would.
- What do you desire for your children? Or, what do you desire for your extended family? To be healthy, confident, active, fun kids. I want to give them the confidence to speak up for what's important and look out for others that could use a boost.
- What does your weekly or daily routine look like? All the normal stuff times 2. :) Preschool & naps are the only things that happen consistantly. Everything else just falls in to place.
- What's a goal you want to accomplish this year? I just finished one goal - I made a quilt!! I'd like to get all our family video onto DVD's and try to catch up my scrapbook pages. I'm also on my way to loosing 30 lbs by September 20. If I hit the goal I'm giving myself an iPad. :) Also expanding my photography business. Deciding on a favorite and cutting back to only shooting that type of client. (for example, only newborns, or seniors or families.) I'm still exploring what I enjoy and am best at, but hopefully I can have my business narrowed to a more specific genre.
- What is your biggest accomplishment? Surviving the first year of twins! Seriously, that was tough.
- What's one topic that gets you on your soap box? There aren't many things I'm super opinionated about. I really like hearing other peoples opinions though. I think that's why I like Book Club even though I rarely speak up. I'm bad at sticking to one opinion consistantly. My ideas are always changing. That's probably why I have such a hard time making decisions. Right now a hot topic for me is public schooling. I just wish I knew how to start a change.

1 comment:
I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts about the book at book club.
Post a Comment