The Star Wars Party Details
Day #3: Best day ever! Friends, cake, presents, star wars....seriously doesn't get much better then that.
The party started with a scavenger hunt led by Master Yoda to find and acquire all the gear necessary to becoming true Jedi's. Here they earned their Jedi robes, lightsabers and were trained in using the "Force."
Next we water balloon bombed the Dark Side (pictures taped to the garage door) But the bombs wouldn't burst against the garage so the new target J.R. became.
Next they moved out back to battle it out against the evil Darth Vador. We also practiced a little spaceship landing with frisbees and a few got official Jedi face paintings. There were plans for a Jedi obstacle course, but the kids were having too much fun running and making their own games so that got missed. Thanks to a friend bringing his masks from home the kids had an organized Good vs. Bad battle. I'm not sure who won, but one of the little Jedi's did end up with a bloody nose from a wayward spaceship passing by. Other then that I can gladly say there were no major casualties.
Next Elliot unwrapped presents at lightening speed. (I tried my best to help him learn manners, while wrestling the twins who both wanted to be held and take pictures at the same time. J.R. was out getting the pizza. Nice)
Finally we blew out candles, ate pizza, cake & ice cream. There were plans for "Yoda Soda" (lime sherbet in sprite) but the kids had plenty of sweets and I didn't have enough hands to dish it up. Not a big loss.
Overall it was a great success! Thanks to J.R. for being the best dad ever! He kept things moving and kept the kids entertained and running. Elliot loved it! He spent the rest of the afternoon trying out all his new things. He has awesome friends!! What a lucky boy!
Gene, Jayden, Elliot, Kellen, Adam, Preston, Rachel, Brooke
A few things about my 5 year old little buddy!
-He's really into star wars right now...isn't that obvious!
-He only wants to be the good guys. He's a little conflicted about whether that includes Annikan Skywalker so when he pretends he's usually Yoda or Obi-wan-kanobi or Luke Skywalker.
-He recently learned to ride his bike. Because he got so good on the bike with no pedals, riding a real bike was a sinch. I took him out one day, he jumped on and just took off. No instruction needed. Now he's obsessed! He loves to ride his bike and is really good at wearing his helmet too.
-If he ever wants something he knows I may say no to he'll begin asking with "mommy, you're so pretty!"
-He is a little lover boy. He loves to cuddle and give kisses. He is always telling me how much he loves me and how pretty I am (even without a hidden agenda)
-He's super active. Always full of energy to play whatever sports seems interesting that day. Golf, Baseball, Soccer, bike riding, jumping on the tramp, tag with friends, slip n slide....etc. His little engine never quits.
-He loves people! He loves playing with friends and usually judges the "funness" of that day based on if he got to play with friends. Luckily it's summer and there are lots of friends to play with every day right now.
-He still hates to eat. I have to bribe and beg to get anything in that boy. I can't even get him to eat chicken nuggets any more. Spaghetti O's with meatballs are the top pick right now. This is probably my worst pet peeve. The mealtime battle is not fun and I don't have a clue how to make it easier on both of us.
-He's still obsessed with movies. Loves watching movies and acting out along with them. Kung Fu Panda 2 is a fun one to fight along with. :)
-He is having a hard time going to church. I think having to sit so long is just too much for his active little body. He gets bored way to easily. He's learning to self entertain in his seat though and hopefully will continue to get better and not dread Sunday's.
-He LOVES his little brothers. He really really loves his brothers. He's protective and proud of them. He plays with them a lot. Usually chasing or wrestling games. He loves getting their attention and making them laugh.
-He can write his full name and count to 30 (but consistently leaves out the number 15) He likes to ask what new words mean or how things work. He tells people he's so excited for Kindergarten.
-He's the best thing that ever happened to my life! I love this little boy more then words can describe! He's my best pal and I love spending every day with him!!
Happy 5th Birthday Elliot!
If I could stop you from growing up at this age, I WOULD!
I LOVE YOU!
























No comments:
Post a Comment