Yes, I turned 30. No, I'm not happy about it.
Leading up to the big day brought me a lot of anxiety, much to my surprise. 30 isn't that big of a deal is it? I started noticing the wrinkles by my eyes, I noticed my still "soft" midsection, my droopy backside...etc, etc, etc. 30 was going to be rough and I wasn't about to let it come easily. My insides squirmed with deciding whether to celebrate or crawl in bed and cry. And then, J.R. came along...
He was so sweet. I got flowers delivered to the house. A fancy dinner out to a new quaint restaurant with roses waiting at our table. And a new iPad! He knew I've been wanting one for a while now and despite my failed effort to achieve one by setting and accomplishing my goals, he got me one anyway.
What a sweetheart. I can handle 30, as long as my best friend is by my side to hold my hand through it. Love you J.R.
Elliot got to choose the bday card and choose the hot dog card that says..."Didn't think you'd be getting a wiener for your birthday, did you?" He thought it was hilarious because it said wiener....silly boy.



1 comment:
This cracks me up!(wiener)
I too feel quite anxious about turning the big 3-0...:-/ I hope My best Friend comes through like yours did! Happy 30th darling...you're beauty is timeless.
Post a Comment