Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bye Bye Binkie









While we've been dealing with his previously noted sleeping issues, I thought it would be a great time to get rid of the binkie too. I'd rather not visit Utah again with the curse of the binkie. Actually, I've loved the binkie - probably more then Elliot. It's the only way to get him to sleep when we're anywhere besides home. It's the calming mood setter on the way home from a busy day. It's the security blanket that fits in your pocket. Can you tell this was hard on me?
But, we did it. You can read the journaling for more info on the wonders of the "Binkie Fairy"
So long best friend. I guess it's time to grow up. :(

11 comments:

Teddy said...

I read that creative story and didn't miss the "potential sibling" tucked in there on the end. :) Can't wait to hear more. Oh, and I don't even want to think about getting rid of Tom's Green Blank. (his green blanket) Not happenin' anytime soon I'm afraid. You two are brave!

Unknown said...

congrats to both of you for parting with the binkie! and I'm sure the binkie fairy will be good enough to give those beloved binkies to a very deserving child... a younger sibling! (whenever that turns out to be)

Erin Davis said...

So cute Chel! Those pages are adorable, and we can't wait to see you guys! :)

Sharli said...

You did it!!! Yay! Poor Elliot... I hope he's doing ok without his "bee bee". I love the pages you did!! Especially the one where Elliot is putting the binkies in the mail box. SO CUTE! Can't wait to kiss his cheeks!

Chelsea said...

Just to clear things up...NO, I am not pregnant. I wish my next post could be an announcement, but unfortunatly Heavenly Father wants us to keep waiting.
I didn't mean to cause such confussion.
Loves! Chelsea

Marie said...

I was happy to read this post because we've been wanting Jack to part with the binky, too. Thanks for the encouragement! Hope all is well with you guysl :)

Teddy said...

I'm with ya sister . . . . at this point I think patience is over rated! :)

heather said...

Oh I love this! Those pages are so cute - I would LOVE to see more of your digital scrapbooks!! I've just started doing them myself, and I am still getting used to the digital aspect of it but am really enjoying it! Hope the transition keeps going smooth!!

Kylene said...

Such cute pages Chels. love 'em.

Liz Rose said...

So cute!! My two oldest were binki lovers! What a cute idea, wish I had known that.
By the way, what is your software to use for your pages? Send me an email if you've got time. I may try it out, they are so cute!
liz@foxholestudio.com

Emily J. said...

Congrats on getting rid of the binky. I wish you were closer so you could teach me how to do those cute pages. I am so happy you have such great neighbors. I miss my neighbors in Hilliard too. Enjoy them while you have them. When are you visiting next?