The First Presidency of the LDS church
I'm not sure if there is anything better then relaxing on the couch with a pen and journal in hand, listening to the most inspiring and inspired people on earth. What a breath of fresh air. I have always loved General Conference, but this weekend I was especially moved. There was so much good information and so much that applied directly to my life. I have so much to work on.
There were several themes that seemed to stand out to me.
#1 LOVE. This seemed to be repeated and repeated in every way and in every aspect of our lives. From loving our spouse and kids to loving our neighbors to loving God and understanding His love for us. Dieter F. Ukdorf said...(I'm paraphrasing) What we think, what we do and what we LOVE is the person we become. What do I spend the day thinking about? What do I spend my time doing and who and what do I love???
#2 SERVICE. "What did you do for someone today?" - President Thomas S. MonsonI really want to start asking myself, my husband and my son this question at the dinner table. It should be something I'm spending my time thinking about. "Mans greatest happiness comes from loosing himself for the good of others." -David O. Mckay.
#3 THE BOOK OF MORMON IS THE TRUE WORD OF GOD.
Jeffrey R. Holland's talk was so powerful and moving. The spirit consumed me and testified to me that what he was saying and what I already knew and believed was TRUE! Christ's true church that he organized while on the earth was lost with the death of his Apostles. There had to be a restoration of his gospel and that was completed through a man named Joseph Smith. Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. He was commanded by them to translate a book that is a second witness of Christ. It would work with the Bible to declare Christ as our Savior and Redeemer. What a wonderful blessing to have more instruction from God. I know this book is true. I feel wonderful every time open it to read and study. I know it changes lives for the better and has certainly changed mine.
#4 PRAYER
Direct access to heaven is better then any modern technology we have today. Through prayer we can accomplish a testimony of all of the above. We can recieve personal revelation and be a tool in God's hand to better the lives of people around us.
#5 REVELATION
Modern day revelation exists because GOD LIVES. (Russell M. Nelson's talk) God and Jesus Christ reveled himself to the prophet Joseph Smith because this is his ONLY TRUE CHURCH on the earth today. He actively guides his church today. That is why our church is called The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.
#6 Parenting ("Intelligent use of agency requires knowledge of the truth."), Family, Consistancy, Recognizing the Holy Spirit, Integrity, Self Control....I could go on and on.
Such wonderfully inspired leaders of our church. I hope I can review my notes often and be better today then I was yesterday.
If you haven't watched conference yourself yet, go HERE.

2 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more about how much I love conference and I'm sure we aren't alone in feeling that way. I am also excited to review the talks and glean more out of them! Aren't we so incredibly blessed?!
I love your notes, Chelsea. Those are the things that stuck out to me too, and I love how you listed them out to remind me since I didn't take such good notes! Thanks for this post. It WAS an incredible conference.
Post a Comment