Thursday, June 2, 2011

Glee in concert

Remember when J.R. won concert tickets for valentines day?? Well, this was it!

Before I go much further I want to put out a disclaimer: I don't watch Glee any more. Although it started out as a fun show with cool music, it very quickly turned into a show that seemed to promote everything that is ugly and inappropriate in this world. It came down to me thinking to myself, "Would I be okay if Elliot or even any of my Young Women girls were watching this?" The answer was a firm and loud NO! So, why would it be okay for me to watch it? There you go, my little soap box for the day. Just wanted to be clear that we are not supporters of this show anymore. Although, I can't deny that some of the music is pretty awesome!

On with the concert details.
I was excited to hear if they were as good live as they are recorded. I was excited to see what kind of fun concert a show like Glee - where they're are making TONS of money off the show, would put on. Looking for cool special effects, use of stage, set, costumes, etc.... Well, we were pretty disappointed in that regard. Their voices are great. Especially Mercedes, she ROCKS! And we also really liked the Warblers. But pretty much everything else was sorta lame. We left the concert trying not to be disappointed, but we both agreed we were glad we didn't pay for the tickets.

Thanks to the Rushtons for watching the kids. It's always fun getting out with the hubby, no matter what's on the agenda!







No comments: