January was not nice to my 3 boys. They were so sick and seemed to take turns feeling crappy. First it hit Elliot. High fevers for 6 straight days. The Doc couldn't figure out why so we just had to wait it out. By the end of the week he was SOO bored...(I was too) Being stuck inside for that long is close to torture.
Then a few days later Jaxon starts screaming and not eating. I could tell almost immediately it had to be strep. On a whim we took him in and sure enough STREP. I asked if Miles could also get an antibiotic cause they share everything and if not we'd be right back in his office tomorrow with the next baby. Thankfully he gave it too us. :) Sure enough Miles started feeling crappy too. He would either just lay in your arms or lay on the ground totally quiet and still. It freaked me out. No whinning or crying, just laying still. I was ready to take him to the ER it was so strange, but J.R. made me wait a couple more days and he finally bounced out of it.
By the end of those 3 crazy weeks I was exhausted. Thank Heavens me or J.R. didn't get sick and that he was on an easy rotation that got him home early each day. Poor babies! Hopefully that will be the end of it this winter. We're so ready for spring, which is funny cause the weather has been so nice here. But I'm ready for everything spring brings....school out, trips home, etc.
Elliot's normal core temp is at least 150 degrees on any normal occasion. But while he was sick he couldn't get warm enough. He loved sitting on the vent and warming up the little bean bags.
This is what Miles did. Laid there still and quiet. Scary. So glad he's back to his busy self.
I couldn't leave Jaxon out. Poor messy face. There was lots of messy everything that week. I couldn't keep up. They were just lucky to all get fed and changed each day.






1 comment:
Poor babies. I'm glad they are feeling better. You are super Mom Chel! Miss those cute boys. :)
Post a Comment