One more thing checked off the bucket list!
J.R. and I finally finished our first ever Sprint Triathlon. It included a 500 meter Swim, 10 mile Bike, 3 mile Run! Our awesome neighbor Jared joined us in the race and his mom and dad were the photographers. We had an awesome cheering section!
Swimming in the lake was kinda gross and much more difficult then expected. The bike ride was great with lots of hills. Probably the funnest part for me. The run seemed to take forever. Since I'm not technically allowed to run on my artificial knee I was supposed to walk the 3 miles. But after walking 2 miles I couldn't stand it and ran the last mile. It felt so good! I can't remember the last time I ran for exercise...(summer of 2007 I think).
Over all it was a fantastic experience and we will be doing it again soon!
If you haven't tried one...DO IT!
My Stats:
Over all rank:383/421 Category rank:17
Swim split: 12:32.7
1st Transition:03:24.7
Bike split: 0:43:14.5 (13.9 mph)
2nd Transition: 02:09.1
Run split: 0:37:58.4 (12:39.5/mile)
FINAL TIME: 1:39:19.5
J.R. Stats:
Overall Rank: 377/421 Category Rank:42
Swim Split: 18:07.4
1st Transition: 03:23.3
Bike Split: 0:44:08.7 (13.6 mph)
2nd Transition: 02:25.9
Run Split: 0:30:12.0 (10:04.0/mile)
FINAL TIME: 1:38:17.4
No comments:
Post a Comment