Wednesday, July 22, 2009

SOS....AAHHHH!




I am just devastated! My external hard drive just failed and when I went in to see if the Geek Squad could recover the information they said there was no readable material on the drive. WHAT??? NOOOOOOOO!
I had all my photos and videos from our move to Ohio in September 2005 till about May 2009. That's 4 years of pictures and video...GONE...
-All of Elliots birth and first 2 years of life.
-All our Ohio pics and memories.
-All those years in Sun Valley.
-Trips to Nauvoo, TN, Utah...
It also had all my digital scrapbook supplies I've been collecting. And what's worse all the pages I've done so far. There were probably 50 or so completed pages...GONE


I feel like I'm going to throw up. The tears won't stop and I want to slam my head against that wall for not burning everything to CD's. AAAHHHHH!


Now that my tantrum is mellow I'm begging and pleading for anyone who has any photos or video of our family from 2005 till now to PLEASE send them to me. If you could burn them to a CD that would be great - that way I can have them in their biggest file. Email always shrinks the files too small to edit.


To make the day worse - After sleeping alone because J.R. was "on call" last night and ended up staying at the hospital...I woke up this morning to pouring rain and when Elliot and I walked out the door to go to the library I shut the door behind us locking my car keys and the house keys in the house. Seriously, can this day get worse? It's only 10am and I'm feeling totally out of control of my life. I need to get a grip.


Maybe tomorrow will be better....sigh

12 comments:

Melissa S. said...

Try chocolate. I just feel sick for your Chels! I'm soooo sorry. I hope you get a ton of people sending your pictures. You can always get a lot of your Sun Valley ones off Facebook

Jack Roberts said...

ahhhhh!! I can't even believe that! I am sick for you as well. I am so so so sorry! Cry it out again and again that always helps me. Again, I am so sorry.

Jon and Becky Hall said...

That is so a bad day. I hope you get some pics.

Unknown said...

i'm so SO sorry! i'm sick for you. you need a nap (that aways makes me feel better!) and i agree with melissa a little (or a lot :) of chocolate can't hurt!

Unknown said...

the above post is from stacy not brandon. i didn't realize he was signed in! although he might have cried too :)

kat said...

Oh Chels! I am sooo sorry. That just makes me want to cry! We lost all our honeymoon and engagement pics the same way. Hopefully you will get lots of pics from others. Keep your hopes up!

Trisha said...

I'm so sorry!

At least you have some on the blog that you can copy?

That really sucks!

Bonnie said...

Oh no! I'll see if I can find any pic for you. It might be a while, because we don't have our moving truck yet. I can't believe you were locked out in the rain too!

Jami said...

Chelsea! I just linked to your blog from facebook. How fun to see your cute family! You look fabulous. Is that really Sharli that had twins?? Wow. I still picture her in the Little Match Girl days...needless to say it has been a while.

I'm SO sorry about the pictures...that is one of my worst fears. I back up my pictures once a month to Costco.com just in case anything happens...it's free as long as you order at least one print per year. I hope you are able to get some pictures from everyone.

Great to see your cute face, even if it is from a distance!
-Jami (John)

Katherine said...

You'll have to let me know where you guys found a place. There is a really cute house in our neighborhood that is for rent if you are interested. I hope you've had a better day today.

kat said...

Chels. I told Kev about you loosing your pics. He said there are companies that you can send your hard drive to that recover things professionaly. It might be worth a try...but they cost a pretty penny. I looked online and there are a few companies that look like they might work. Anyway...just fyi. Hope you're having better days! :)

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about that! We had a similar thing happen a couple months ago. However, we were able to open our computer in safe mode just ONCE and I was able to rush in and save all my files. Have you guys tried that?

Also, all the pictures you upload to blogger are saved in a program. So at least you should be able to get into those!

My heart breaks for you though!