Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday J.R.


My idea of emergency decorating while J.R. was napping.
Matt D. would be so disappointed :)

Technically the new T.V. was his bday gift, but I had to wrap a few other things just for the tradition of opening presents.
You'd be surprised how many green highlighters he goes through. This is the second box of all green highlighters I've bought for him in the last couple years...just think all the studying that went along with it - yuck.


Right now he uses my stethescope so I got him his own, but he took it back. I guess he likes mine better or maybe it's a sign he doesn't want me to go back to work...hummm...


Ice cream cake from Cold Stone.
Talk about rich, tastey goodness...let's not talk about calories, I'll be good next week.


Yes, I'm a week behind. For some reason I can't seem to get anything done lately. I don't know if we're really that much more busy or if Elliot is just more demanding?? Not sure, either way it's harder and harder to keep this thing updated.

Happy Birthday J.R! He had the entire weekend off so we celebrated all weekend long. Saturday night I surprised J.R. with a long date night. The Rushton's took Elliot and had him sleep over so we had the whole night to ourselves. (seriously awesome friends) We first went to The Melting Pot for dinner. Have you been there? We hadn't and were pleasantly surprised. It was really fun and very romantic. We were sat in a little secluded booth and got to fondue everything ourselves. The cheese, salads and dessert were amazing. The meat was pretty good, but I think we were so paranoid about getting the pieces done that we over-did most of it. But, it was still so yummy. Very pricey, but luckily I had a $25 coupon to help soften the blow.

Next we headed off to the Indiana State Fair and went to the Keith Urban concert. It was J.R.'s first concert - can you believe it? I was worried because I know J.R. isn't that into Country music, but afterward he said "that was not country, that was really cool" I love Keith Urban, but we were both really impressed by his guitar playing skills. Sweet! He's amazing. It's always fun to see musicians who are more then just great singers. He was lead guitar on every song and was just awesome! Our ears were tingling for about 2 days after...ohhh the lingering affects of a rock concert :-)
After the concert we would have normally been done and headed home to get Elliot, but NO - not tonight. We stayed at the fair and wandered around stopping for ice cream (as if we didn't eat enough that night) and stopping to ride a ride. We haven't been on a ride in FOREVER so this was pretty exciting. It really was scary too.
We felt like kids in love again that night. What a breath of fresh air for our relationship. To just be us for a night without responsibilities or worries. SO FUN!!

HUGE THANKS to our sweet neighbors and best friends, Jerry and Debbie Rushton and their boys. What a kind thing to offer to keep Elliot. They never cease to surprise me. I'm learning so much about being a good friend from them. What great people!






What concert would be complete without a t-shirt with someone plastered on the front.

Not sure the face...this was during the opening act. I think J.R. wasn't too sure what to think at this point. Don't worry, he gets into it as the night goes on.




It was so hot. Can you see the sweat beads running down our faces? Gross.

The "Freak Out" ride we went on. Can you believe they can charge $4 a person to ride this? Talk about a rip off. It didn't stop us though...we were crazy, free teenagers again.

I love you J.R! Happy 31st Bday!
You're one amazing husband and father and I couldn't have asked for anyone better. You're perfect for me and I love everything about you.
Thanks for the fun night!!

3 comments:

Kasi French said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JER! I was up with the Davis clan this weekend, cuddling up with those little girls ~ WISH YOU HAD BEEN THERE! Love you.

Teddy said...

What an awesome wifey you are Chel! That would have been Del's dream date! (don't ever tell him!) Happy Birthday JR, you'll be converted to "good" country music before your life is over in the midwest:) FUN!

Jenny said...

How fun! I'm glad you got a night out and got to be two teenagers in love. How awesome! By the way, that ride looks REALLY scary!

P.S. Happy Birthday, J.R.