Yesterday we went on an adventure to the Raspberry patch. I had intentions to pick enough for jam, but just a few minutes into it and I got impatient. Elliot had his own bucket that we were occasionally putting raspberries into it, but soon realized he was eating them faster then we could pick them and was even picking and eating his own too. What a chubby. It was really cute. That's when I realized how long picking raspberries really took, so I lowered my expectations.
We had a great time. It's always fun being on a farm and getting a little dirty. Elliot loved searching out the ripe ones calling out "Here it is." "Look mom." whenever he came across a good bunch. He was deteremined to hold the bucket with all the berries and had a few accidents where we spent as much time picking them off the ground as we did off the bush. No wonder it was taking us so long. But, I guess that was the point. We were there to make memories not jam and we certainly succeeded.
I sure love my family. What a sweet boy Elliot is. So curious and independent. He's growing up too fast.
7 comments:
So did you pay for all the binging in his diaper later?!?! :)
Those look soooooooooooo good! I bet it made ya miss Bear Lake!
-Melissa (I KNOW it says "Brooks")
That is so cute. Zach still tells me about his memories of picking rasberries as a child. Gotta love it.
Growing up, my parents had a big raspberry patch in our back yard. Every summer we would go out there with the huge church-kitchen-sized stainless steel bowls and pick all day long for a week straight. A lot of work, but a ton of memories too!! So many jokes and laughter surrounding that berry patch! Love these pictures!
great pics! I love that your comment about picking for memories, not jam. Good reminder for all activities in life, right? you've got enough there in that bucket to make some good freezer jam, though. Unless, of course, Elliot ate them before you could get them home. :0
Hey Chel,
Your little guy is sure growing! Looks like you guys had a fun summer. I'm trying to put together a cheer reunion of sorts and was wondering if I can get your email address? Do you come home often??
Let me know. Thanks!
I haven't had a chance to visit you (aka: your blog) for a while so consider this a comment for the last 3 months or so!
Elliot is so cute! He is so much like J.R.!
I'm so happy that you have nice neighbors. My first couple of months out here were rough and I saw Kris a LOT more than you are seeing J.R. right now. Let them serve you since they seem so willing...what a blessing!
And....Wow! J.R. is amazing, I already knew that but I didn't know just how amazing until I read your post about the awards he received. I actually got a little emotional reading about it! I am just so happy for you guys! It's so nice to see good things happen to good people. What an amazing accomplishment to finish first in his class. I can see why you are so proud of him! Way to go J.R.!
Looks like lots of yummy fun! I hope you are liking it there and I am glad you have made some good friends. I have not forgotten about your pictures I promise.
Post a Comment