Thankfully it was a rather warm weekend because Saturday night our heater quit working and didn't come back on till Monday morning. J.R. was on call Sunday and I have NO IDEA how to manage a heating system so Elliot and I spent the day wrapped in several layers thinking warm thoughts. By that evening when J.R. got home and we had exhausted all our ideas, we decided to call in a maintenance guy. He said he would be over around 9pm, but didn't call till about 12:30am and then said he couldn't be there for another 30 minutes. 1AM??? Seriously??? (there was a huge Colts football game that day so I have suspicions that was what held him up) We were long gone asleep by then so we decided to ride out the night. We were prepared with tons of blankets and fully dressed in ski gear. Elliot slept in the middle to add to the body heat. Luckily because of the weather it wasn't as cold a night as we were prepared for. J.R. checked the temp Monday morning and it had only dropped to 60 degrees. But still, that's pretty darn cold. Then, by some random miracle the heat just switched on. We hadn't touched it all night and Monday morning it just decided it had tortured us enough and switched on. Hummmm....weird! We decided not to recall the service guy and just wait it out for a few days. It's been going strong all week. Thank heavens, because the temp outside dropped dramatically this week.
Side story:
When we were waking up Monday morning Elliot was doing the morning ritual of trying to drag me out of bed to play with toys and watch cartoons. He handed me my glasses, phone and started pulling off my blankets one by one. After pulling back the last blanket he stood back as if in shock and said, "WOW, that's a lot of blankets! I'm gonna count them. 1,2,3,4,5,6. 6 Blankets!" It was hilarious. He just couldn't believe his eyes, as if it was the craziest thing he'd ever seen. I couldn't stop giggling and was then more then happy to get up and play with him. He's so funny and cute!
After that cold weekend I'm much more sincere during prayers when I thank Heavenly Father for a WARM house. :0) We're so blessed!
1 comment:
When Eric and I first got married we were living in a duplex owned by Eric's grandpa. So Eric was actually the manager. When our heater broke, we were both so swamped with school that we didn't get around to fixing it for a FEW MONTHS!!!! I remember just being freezing CONSTANTLY. I even tried eating with gloves on. Eric and I both tried changing our clothes for the day under the covers-- we were desperate. Needless to say, when we finally got it fixed, I've never been so grateful for a warm home!
Post a Comment