
This is such a precious time for us. We love reading before bed. Elliot especially loves the books that have songs that go with them. Like, the Clifford book and Down by the Station. He sings along right on pitch. We play a game where I sing and he tries to match my pitch and he's really quite good at it! He must have a few musical genes in him. :0)
A few Elliot updates:
He loves to play with his train set. He got a new battery powered engined named "Lady" It never gets old hearing him say her name. He can't says his R's or his L's. "Wheahs wady?" "Go wady go!" "You can do it wady" "Good job wady." I LOVE IT! Sometimes I think about hiding her just to hear him ask where she is. It's a guaranteed smile on mommy's face.
He also loves dinosaurs! He watches Ice Age Dinosaurs all the time. (I don't love the movie - some lines are not that appropriate, but right now he's still young enough that he doesn't have a clue what they're talking about and he usually only pays attention when Rudy or the TRex is on) It's also the cutest thing to hear him say TRex. "Twexss" He seems to hold out the S sound a little longer then necessary. He has a sticker board and always chooses the TRex stickers to put on when he's especially good. Then he always counts how many he has so far. "one, two, fwee, fouw, five, six, seben. Seben Twexsess!" LOVE IT!!! Yet another smile all over my face.
He's loves to count EVERYTHING! He counts 1-9 then starts again at 4. Not sure where that pattern started because he used to count 1-4 then 6-10 (skipping 5 for some reason) I guess we drilled 5 so much that he's forgotten about 10 now. I'm not sure? With a little coaxing he'll give 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 a try too, usually without much success though. At least he's trying. :)
He's still the pickiest eater on earth. Right now the only thing he'll eat is fries and pancakes. He hasn't had a pancake binge for a while so I guess it's about time to rotate back to it. I'm sure we'll be back to chicken nuggets before too long. I wonder when hot dogs and macaroni and cheese are going to come into play?? This is one area where he didn't get any of my genes. I love food.
He's sings along to anything he hears. Even to chimes ringing outside on a windy day. He loves to stop and listen to them then try to match their tones. He sings along to the radio even if he's never heard the song...most songs have a short repeating phrase so by the second chorus he knows enough to belt it out. He knows every tune and almost every correct word to all the Disney & Nickelodeon cartoons.He tells me to sing "do do do" if I don't know the words or if he's making up his own tune and he want's me to give it a try. What a cutie pie!!!
We're still working on the potty thing. We talk about it all the time and occasionally he'll want to jump up on the seat and give it a good effort, but no results just yet. I'm not opposed to being patient. Potty training scares me.
My heart just aches when I think of how much a love this kid. He fills my day with such joy. Even when we have a grumpy day or things just aren't going quite right, it doesn't take much to remember what a blessing he is to me!
I LOVE YOU ELLIOT!
11 comments:
He is such a doll! I love that he is already such a musical person! This age is such a crazy, but fun time. Especially before any siblings come along to steal time away. One on one time is the best!
You look fabulous by the way!
What a sweet post. We miss you guys! Give Ell a kiss for us. :)
I get the same ache in my heart over Tom. Elliot is such a doll. I love that his is a little singer! How could he miss out with you two raising him? :)
p.s. you are lookin' hot despite the temperature of your house! :)
What a cutie and HOW CUTE ABOUT THE MUSIC GAME!!!!!!!!!! I love it! Your hair looks cute as well..........and even right before bed?! What a babe
such a sweet post! i love hearing how grown up he sounds. All the musicality! He's like a little musical prodigy! (could be, right? :)
Oh man, I love that kid. Thanks for the updates! I love hearing Elliot stories. He cracks me up! "TrrrEATS!!!" Ha ha! Love you and miss you like crazy.
What a cute boy!! I am so sad we didn't get to see him. I loved reading this post...this is such a fun age. I loved hanging out with Zachary before we had Eliza. They just have the cutest things to say. I love that he loves singing!! You are such a good mommy!
Super Cute!! I wish there was some musical talent in our little family. I am scared that all the kids got my genes, and can't carry a tune for the life of me. Cute pics too!!
Random thought do you remember when we worked at hospice together and we would eat subway like everyday? I was just craving a turkey sandwich and for some reason that came to me.
I love reading that. Honestly that little guy could not get any cuter. I love it!
Of course he can sing like the dickens! Look at who his parents are.
What a cute post!!! My kids love music, but they don't sing anywhere close to being "on key." Do you offer voice lessons? Or maybe Elliot would be willing to give some?
Post a Comment