Saturday, May 1, 2010

31 miles today


We buddied up and rode in "teams" this time. This was our team!!


I thought for sure it was going to be another rainy day like last time, but it turned out to be pretty nice. Super humid, but nice.
Again, the youth amazed me with they're resilience and flat out toughness! If they can keep this up we'll have no problem getting to the temple.
Me on the other hand was dying the last 3-4 miles. My legs/knees were done. But, that's exactly how it felt when we did 26 miles so I'm confident it's just going to get easier and easier with each ride!
I took my first wipe out today. I had to slam on my breaks, but then couldn't get my feet out of the stirrups quick enough so down I went. Not my most proud moment, but the blood was minimal so it wasn't too bad. Lesson for next time....pack a small First Aide kit. A bandaid would have been nice for my bleeding hand that was trying to hold the handle bars.



3 comments:

Jamie G. said...

So, Sierra wasn't the only one to take a spill? I'm so glad you're doing this with them. They are having so much fun! I'm so glad that Sierra is up for this and actually liking it. She's not our sporty one, that's for sure. I'm kinda jealous, though. Too bad my classes aren't quite done yet. Can't make the mandatory rides.

Brandon and Lesli said...

Chelsea thats amazing! I can't imagine riding 160 miles! Are you doing it with the youth in your ward? You are one touch chica - - good luck with your knees!

Ariel said...

Wow you guys are amazing biking people.