Tuesday, May 4, 2010

And it came to pass...

After a wrestling match trying to get Elliot to sit still for scriptures one night he decides HE wants to read them. I give in exhausted, hoping that this can count for tonight reading. I hand him the BOM and surprisingly this is what I heard.

"And it came to pass, (a lot I couldn't understand), Laban and angels, (more I couldn't understand), and it came to pass daddy came home, (more random jiberish).
He went on and on for about 10 minutes just jibber jabbing away with an occasional word that actually made sense like, Nephi, Jesus, Tree, but that was scattered in between all the unrecognized jibberish. 'It came to pass' was about every other sentence and I was turning blue trying to hold in my laughter. It was so cute! All those nights when I'm sure he's not listening, turns out he is.

We let him "read" again the next night to show dad how cute it is and to catch it on film. He gave us the same show and now the night time routine isn't so dreaded.

(I'll try to post the video clip once I can figure it out)




2 comments:

Liz Rose said...

That is adorable. :)

Teddy said...

That is such a great thing you are teaching him! It's amazing what they pick up, especially when you think they are in another world.