
60 MILES


Half way lunch break at 30 miles

We rode as part of the "Mayors Bike Ride" for part of the 60 miles. It kept it interesting, plus all the free good treats and I even won a prize!
Our final training ride before the actual trip. The lesson we learned on this ride was to EAT MORE FOOD! Again the last 5-10 miles were killer. We both had run out of gas and realized we weren't eating near enough to cover the calories we were burning.
Riding 60 miles at an average of 12 miles an hour you burn around 2,000 calories. I couldn't believe it! We decided to be more prepared for next time and EAT even when we would rather throw up. :)
Over all, great ride in the rain! Sore legs, but they bounced back much quicker than last time....we must be getting stronger I guess.
Thanks Sheri for watching Elliot! We really appreciate it! (again...awesome neighbors!)
No comments:
Post a Comment