Sunday, November 21, 2010

32 weeks and still counting




Lay down, lay down, lay down....that's pretty much my thoughts all day. It's so hard to stay down when I can think of a million things to do. Thankfully we moved our computer downstairs and I'm consumed with digital scrapbooking. So fun!

My  mom came out last week and spent the week cleaning my house, keeping us fed and putting up our christmas tree.  My house looks and smells wonderful and our spirits are again lifted. Moms are amazing at working their motherly magic! She left last Thursday with an extra piece of luggage by the name of ELLIOT! He was so excited to go. Every day he asked when he was going to "get on the plane with grandma and mommy stays here."

He's been gone for 4 days and he's not one bit homesick....mom and dad on the other hand...well that's another story....Actually we're doing great. My stress and guilt level is way down now that I know he's loving his life and not watching 14 movies a day.  1 1/2 weeks to go till Elliot gets back and hopefully these babies stay cozy inside that long  too.

Twin boys update: They are measuring 4 lbs 8 oz each via ultrasound. I've had to increase my contraction stopping medication quite a bit this week. I've almost maxed out on the medicine I can have per day so hopefully the contractions calm down. I wasn't sure I'd even make it to Thanksgiving and now here we are....so many blessings!

Speaking of blessings...the amount of support, love, meals and encouragement we have received from neighbors, ward members and friends is beyond anything we could have asked for.

WE ARE SO BLESSED!

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Beautiful, Chelsea!

Quast Family said...

you look AMAZING!! keeping you in our thoughts and prayers you can keep those babies in a bit longer!!

Kody and Amanda Quast

the Corbin Clan said...

You are so awesome, Chelsea! I love getting on here and seeing how you are doing and seeing you still holding on. You look so fantastic!!! Keep it up and we'll continue praying things go well1

Kasi French said...

Look at you ~ gorgeous!! Can't wait to see you and those little ones!!

Jon and Melissa said...

I have been dying to hear about how you are doing. Thanks for the update and the amazing picture! I LOVE how awesome your stomach looks. You look too beautiful to have two babies inside of you and being on bed rest. I am so happy you have made it to 32 weeks-what a miracle!

Ellen said...

You are AMAZING!!! Keep up the good work!

Kristin said...

Wow! 32 weeks. Keep it up. I didn't realize you were having twins. That's awesome! Hang in there. Every day they stay inside is a blessing. It will all be worth it.

SKIPR said...

You ARE amazing, and so positive. It's wonderful.

Liz Rose said...

Yeah for an update!!! That is so exciting! And yeah for your mama! Enjoy every minute of your down time. Isn't it weird to think back to what life was like before kids....boring...what in the world did we talk to our spouses about? :)
Hope you are feeling well--you look amazing!
Have a great turkey day!

The King Klan said...

Chelsea, You're doing AWESOME!! Way to go on getting those babes cooked. I can't wait to see them. You look great too. I'm so happy you're feeling good and that things are still moving along. Keep taking it easy.

The Cederstrom's said...

I am soooo happy that you are doing so well! Aim for 2 more weeks that would be wonderful! I hope that everything continues to go well!

Trisha said...

You are gorgeous! Way to be strong to the end!

Chelsea said...

32 weeks is awesome! Hopefully everything continues to go well!

Unknown said...

Glad to hear those lil guys are doing so well! Hopefully they can hold out another week... and glad you guys have so much support out there. oh, and btw, that maternity dress is FABULOUS!

theSwensenFamily said...

Oh, how I remember those days! Chelsea, they are almost over! You won't even mind all the work of twins..you'll just be happy you are not pregnant anymore and can MOVE!!!! You look beautiful! 32 weeks!!! Way to go! Keep those babies in!!! You are doing amazing!

Patrice said...

All the YW were excited and surprised to see you at church that day. That's all they talked about when they got to class. They just LOVED seeing your twin-sized belly! Keep up the hard work!