Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Things are looking up

It's amazing how one day I can feel totally helpless, depressed and out of control and then....the sun comes up the next day.

That's exactly how this weekend was. On Friday I thought I was going crazy...literally. Then when my MD rounded on Saturday and told me I might get to go home, all of a sudden I felt in control again.  My brain had been constantly fighting between wanting to have the babies early just to get me out of the hospital and be with Elliot vs. keeping the babies in longer for their own good.  I must be nuts actually letting my brain think I'd sacrifice my own kids wellness with my selfishness of wanting a change in scenery. WOW! What a rollercoaster of emotions.

But now I am home and although I'm still sitting on a couch all day at least I'm in control of my actions. No more needing permission to shower, eat dinner on the couch rather then in my hospital bed, taking rides in a wheelchair just to see life beyond my hospital door...etc.... I get to make my own choices and it's awesome!

To make our day home from the hospital that much more awesome we closed the deal on our new van!! A 07' Honda Odyssey. It may have a lot of miles on it, but it's got all the sweet features you could want. J.R. was great and wheeling and dealing for a good deal too so we feel like we scored on the price tag too.  I hate shopping for a new car so this was a HUGE relief to have done before the babies got here and we were desperate.

Elliot get home tomorrow. Contractions are still minimal. I got almost all my christmas shopping done (thanks to the internet).  I'm not on any side-effect filled meds. I don't have to sit on a monitor 2 + times a day. I just get to relax and wait patiently for these babies to decide when their ready to join us. And I know it's in huge part due to all the prayers, thoughts and love that has been sent from so many people. I feel so blessed! Thank you so much!

LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN!

5 comments:

Michele Ringer said...

Love you Chel!! I love reading your blog so much! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Thank goodness for good days that make the bad days easier. Good luck!

Unknown said...

You guys made it! Glad those 2 decided to stick around inside a bit longer. And glad you get to go home. Glad all the stressful things like vans and shopping are already taken care of so you can just enjoy relaxing in the peace and joy of the season.

kkoyle said...

Wonderful, I am so glad you are feeling good again. It can be very hard dealing with all the emotions of pregnancy, but you can do it. And you're going to be an awesome mom to those little boys! Take Care

Sarah said...

chel, you are amazing. I honestly love your amazing personality and strength. I wish you lived nearby so I could drop by anytime and grab elliott to play with my boys, and just to be there. You are in my thoughts. Love you!

april said...

Wow Chelsea, I just got the drift from Facebook that you are prego with twins again! I can't believe it! You are the woman!!!! Sounds like it's been a rough go, and I'm sorry to hear that. But I am glad that you are well and that it sounds like those 2 baby boys are fine too. Good luck with it and hang in there! I'll keep you guys in my prayers. Whatever has happened with your knee??? You are awesome Chelsea and the darn cutest thing around! Love ya,
April