Monday, December 20, 2010

FINALLY!!!

 Miles (Left) and Jaxon (Right)

Elliot holding his youngest brother Miles for the first time.

 He likes him!

I am sure we will have many more pictures and posts to share, but here is a start!  In short, we went in on Sunday evening 12/19/10 about 7:30 and they were both born about 11:30 pm.  Jaxon was born first weighing 6.0 lbs and 19.75 inches, then Miles next at 6 lbs 3 oz and 21 inches.  They were both taken to the NICU for four hours to be observed, then were found to be doing great and were released from the NICU and sent to our room.  Jaxon has actually been shuttled back and forth to the NICU because he kept having struggles breathing, and is now up there for the night.  Doc says he has a small pneumothorax which they are trying to treat with 100% oxygen in a tent.  They will check him again tomorrow morning and hopefully things will have improved so he can breathe a little easier.  Miles has been a champ and has been down here with us the whole time.  Elliot has actually seen both kids, but only was able to hold Miles.  I am not sure Elliot knows what to make of the situation, but he did say that we needed to sing to them when they started crying.  So far he has been a good big brother.  Thanks so much to our awesome neighbors (the Rushtons), for watching Elliot and taking him in at the drop of a hat yesterday so we could run in here to the hospital.  Chelsea is recovering well from her C-section, although she is still heavily medicated so who knows how she will do when she can't have the narcotics...hopefully well.  Interesting note, does anyone remember or know what else happened on Sunday, December 19th exactly six years ago?  We will both be posting pictures on facebook and this blog, so check in later if you would like to know/see more!
Photobucket

19 comments:

acutely cherished said...

Congrats! I am so happy for your family, what a happy ending to a hard pregnancy road!!! You guys rock!!!

SKIPR said...

They are gorgeous. Congratulations!

Kasi French said...

Angels from angels! Love you guys!!

Heather said...

Congrates Chelsie and Jr! Your boys are adorable. I am glad they waited as long as they did, before they decided to come :) Like your boys our little girl is breech, so I am quite nervous, but hopefully everything will work out. Hope your recovery is short :)

The King Klan said...

They are perfect. Isn't it amazing to have such a close and personal witness of the tender mercies of the Lord? Not a coincidence I think. Love you guys! Congratulations!

Hey, It's me...Jessica said...

Precious. What a wonderful Christmas present:) Congrats you guys!

Malinovka said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a relief to have them here happy and healthy. Hope Jaxon did well on the oxygen and can join his brother soon. And hope you have a speedy recovery, Chelsea! All your boys are so sweet--what a fun pic of Elliot with his brother! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas, and get a little sleep too. :)

Trisha said...

They are so perfect! You did great!

lemon twigs said...

Congratulations! They are perfect! I am so happy for you guys!

Laura said...

Congrats guys!!!! I've totally been blog stalking you guys the past week just waiting for news :) I am so happy for you- those boys are ADORABLE and I love their names :)
Keep the blog posts coming!

Ellen said...

Oh my goodness!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! They are perfect and we are SO happy for you!!

Ashley said...

Chelsea! I am in tears right now! I am so happy for you and JR. They are adorable! And on top of all that to realize that they share a birthday with their brother and sister is truly amazing! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Ariel said...

Hip hip hooray!!! The world's greatest Christmas gift. I have been thinking about you guys and checking your blog religiously. I am so happy for the arrival of healthy baby boys and a healthy mama. Congrats and enjoy those new babies!

Jon and Melissa said...

So, so happy for your family!!! I am so glad they stayed inside so long so you can enjoy them in your room, happy and healthy! No more hospital! Love the names. Your family is so beautiful, congrats!

The Huffies said...

We are very happy for you guys! Keep us updated on how things go - so truly amazing about the birthdate - we love you guys!

Stacy Ellison said...

Welcome babies!!! We are so happy for you guys!

kat said...

They are so perfect! So glad they are finally here. That is truly amazing they share their birthday with your sweet angels. What a blessing! Your family is so beautiful!

Liz Rose said...

I'm with Sharli--not a coincidence at all they share the same birthday. :) So happy for you and your little family. Have a wonderful Christmas. Keep the posts coming!!

Noel Family said...

I love that they were born the same day as their brother and sister! Amazing. Congrats you guys!