Miles (left) Jaxon (right)
Love those cheeks!!
Jaxon's 2nd day in the NICU
Christmas Eve FONDU
Miles first bath
What a whirl wind adventure we've been on and it's only been 2 weeks. We were so happy to get Jaxon home and healthy. His lungs took their time recovering and maturing, but he pulled through. Miles has been doing great since day one. I got a lot of good bonding time with Miles before Jaxon came home. It gave me a chance to ease back in to infant motherhood. Now that Jaxon is home I've been trying to give him the lost bonding time too. He still looks like he's scared all the time...I wonder if he's afraid he's going to be poked for IV's and blood again, poor baby.
I can't get enough of these boys! It blows my mind how different they look. I see a lot of Elliot in Miles, but Jaxon seems to have his own look. It calms my fears of not being able to tell them apart I guess.
How is it possible to experience so many joys and stresses in the same day and sometimes same hour?? We're having a hard time getting into a feeding groove. They're both so small they're taking their time learning how to stay awake for a whole feeding. Getting them on the same schedule can sometimes be torturous for everyone involved...especially the boys. We have to work so hard just to keep them awake while they try to eat enough to grow. I'm sure it's annoying to them when all they want to do is sleep. We'll get it eventually, I just have to relax and let it happen.
Elliot has loved "His Babies" He can't tell them apart, but it doesn't matter to him, he just wants lots of hugs and kisses and snuggle time with his babies. I feel like I tell him NO a lot. Don't touch their face, wash your hands, don't lay on them, get out of the swing- you're too big, BE SOFT!! Wow, I'm really need to be sure I'm adding positives to his day. Being a mom of 3 is rough. Spreading the love and attention is tricky.
With all the ups and downs there is one thing for certain...We feel overly blessed! When I count my blessings now they have tripled! How Heavenly Father trusts me and J.R. with 2 more of his sweet spirits I'll never know, but I sure pray I'll live up to His expectations and help mold these boys into the men He needs them to be.









7 comments:
congrats! They are adorable!
Umm... I am crying. Your boys are so so sweet. I wish I could be there to love them, but it sounds like Elliot is doing enough loving for us all. :) You're amazing, Chel! Seriously, those three boys are so blessed to have a mother like you. And I'm blessed to have you as a sister. Keep up the good work. I love you!
... And I'll be counting down the days til we get to see each other again! Right now it's somewhere in the 100's. :(
Congrats you guys!! They are just darling, and we're so happy for you! =)
Congratulations, Chels! You are amazing, and your boys are precious as can be. Hang in there during this crazy newborn stage - and get some sleep any chance you have! :)
They are beautiful! Just beautiful and oh, so sweet! I bet you are loving kissing those chubby cheeks! You are doing amazing and I can tell that you just love those boys!!! It's a little rocky there in the beginning trying to figure out two babies feeding schedules and meet everyone's needs (a two year old included)! Sometimes I wonder how I did it! One day at a time! Remember, you are always stronger than you think you are! You can do this!!! It's an awesome responsibility & blessing...certainly not easy...but truly one not everyone gets to experience! Enjoy those babies! Everything else can wait! We are so happy for you!!!!
Those little feet are the sweetest thing!!! I miss my tiny baby! I may just have to come hold yours for a little bit.
I'm so glad they made it and they look great! I can't believe how much Miles looks like Eliot. They are all so adorable. Great pics. Congrats!
Post a Comment