Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Our basic day
Mostly for my journaling purpose....
0130: feeding time. J.R. is so great to get up with me a speed the process along. With J.R's help we can be done in about 45 minutes. Without his help feedings take at least 1-1.5 hours.
0330: another feeding time. Again love J.R! Don't forget to pump.
0700: another feeding time...this time I'm alone because J.R. is off to work between 0530 and 0600. I try to feed them one and a time, but sometimes they just can't wait and we perform a very precise juggling act trying to feed them both, burp them both and keep them from throwing up.
0830: Get twins back in bed or at least settled and get Elliot up for preschool. Clothes on, teeth brushed, twins in their car seats and out the door.
0930-1000: pump then feed while watching Regis & Kelly and the Today show. Grab a quick snack and jump in the shower while the boys are quiet and Elliot's away.
1130 pick up Elliot. Feed him lunch...if I can get him to eat at all.
1230 Feed that twins. Elliot's a good helper by keeping a binky going for one of them so I can have a little more one on one time at this feeding. Jaxon is usually the one that can be held off the longest. He'd rather be sleeping anyway.
1400: Turn on a movie for Elliot, get the twins wrapped and happy and sleeping then I curl up on the recliner and take a nap myself.
1530: Another feeding. Pump again sometime in here. This is when I start looking at the clock and counting down the time till J.R. gets home. Start thinking about what to make for dinner or say a silent prayer to thank for the wonderful friends who are bringing dinner!
1700: Turn off the T.V. turn on music, clean up toys and get ready for J.R. to come home.
1830: More bottles with J.R.'s help. Wrestle match with Elliot. Dinner. Dessert (my reward for surviving the day) Sometimes baths, laundry, dishes, grocery shopping etc....
2000:Elliot bed time. One on one with him. Books, stories, songs...J.R. and I love this part. Elliot is such a crack up. Catch up on recorded TV or J.R. study time.
2200: Feed and pump. TIME FOR BED! We fall asleep before our heads hit the pillow. 1AM comes so quickly and our day repeats.
That's pretty typical. The curve balls come in when babies are more fussy then usual, or they throw up or pee all over themselves. Trying to entertain Elliot with something other then movies (doesn't usually happen) Don't forget to pay bills, check email, fold laundry, keep bottles washed, go to mutual activies, prepare Sunday lessons, grocery shopping...all the day to day.
We are lucky though. We have lots more good days then bad. The babies are generally happy babies so besides feeding every 3 hours they're usually just sleeping. I feel great and can't wait to get the okay to get back into the gym. I'm not sure where that will fit in, but it's nice to think about at least.
So many people are willing to be here at a moments call. We are so blessed with such amazing friends. I really wondered how we'd do this with out family close, but I'm realizing we have friends here that are just a good as family! I just hope I can return the favor or at least find someway to show how much they're appreciated. It's impossible. (You know who you are....I love your guts!)
Elliot's night time prayers this evening:
Dear Heavenly Father. Thanks that we got to turn on Fievel movie and Bolt movie. Thanks that Brooke came and played at my house. Bless us to be strong and healthy and bless daddy to be strong like superman. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
A few nights ago, J.R. was about to pray and Elliot said to ask Heavenly Father if he could have powers like Spiderman. (they had just finished fighting "ghosts" so I think that's what spurred the thought)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Okay, I got exhausted reading that. You just reminded me how hard twins are when they're newborns. Twins are amazing, but they are a TON of work. *sigh*
The first few months really are the hardest. Eventually you will get in the groove of managing them both at the same time; through feedings, burpings, and spit-ups. Oh, how I loathe the spit-ups!
Twins are always a lot of work, but it does get easier to manage. I know you know lots of people who have had twins, but if you need any fresh ideas on what I do to get by with twins (bottle feeding them at the same time, etc), let me know. I'm not an expert but sometimes it's nice to talk to other twin moms and get new ideas.
I LOVE the pictures you've been posting of the twins. Newborn twin pictures are the best. It makes me almost want to have twins again. ALMOST.
I'm so glad you have people around you who are willing to help! I was also exhausted just reading about all that and you are living it every day! You are amazing, but I bet it's makes it easier considering how stinkin' cute they are!
Wow Chel... I thought my first few months with twins were busy and tiring, but I didn't have a 3-year-old to love and entertain on top of it. You are amazing! You totally brought me back to those first few months and the MILLIONS of feedings you do every day. Sounds like you're handling it like a champ though! If I lived by you, I'd be over every day to give you a break. I'm glad to hear that you have good friends though. Hang in there SUPERMOM! You're my hero. Love you!
Oh and ps... Elliot's prayer was awesome!! Man, I love that kid. I laughed my head off. Give him a HUGE kiss from me!
Wow, YOU are superwoman! And JR does have powers like Superman to help like he does. You are both amazing! And I love that prayer of Elliot's. Too precious.
Wow--I too am tired just reading that. What an amazing woman you are--any mom of twins to do that. Keep those pictures coming!
And wow--JR--nice work dad. :)
Exhausted reading that too! :) Hang in there, I'm sure it will get a little easier as they start to get older and you start to figure out a routine. Mason loves movies too. His favorite right now is Despicable Me, SO cute!
You are amazing! Your boys are all sooo handsome and you are so lucky to have JR helping with night feedings. I'm sure this is the craziest/most tiring but rewarding stage of your life thus far. Thanks fir sharing it with us.
Post a Comment