Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Did yesterday really happen?
It all started with a nice hot morning. We were swimming in the YMCA pool, having a blast with the Wennergrens when a thought pops in my head to check Elliot's diaper for poop. (yes, he's potty trained completely with the Pee, but not even close with the poop so I still make him wear a swim diaper in the pool) I ignored the thought because Elliot was headed out anyway to get a snack. Just before he's about to step out of the pool he decides to sit on a fountain that is spraying water high into the air. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHH.......
In an instant poop is spewing everywhere. The water now looks like chocolate milk and I'm about ready to die. I'm frozen! WHAT DO I DO? Ummm...excuse me lifeguard, my son just got poop ALL OVER...not the easiest thing to admit. I wrestled with how and if to tell any one then saw that it wasn't just going away so I marched over and told the life guard "I'm sorry, but there is poop in the pool over there." Notice, I didn't mention it was actually my own son. HUMILIATING!
I marched Elliot to the bathroom and was about to explode. I've been so frustrated with his pooping in his pants. How many times does a mother have to clean out underwear and stay calm about it? I hit my limit. We came out of the bathroom to see the pool totally cleared and the lifeguards hooking up some cleaning contraption. We ate our quick snack then headed to the car.
Sorry to all the parents who were hoping to have a nice morning swim with their toddlers and ended up having to sit in the grass and wait for about an hour. Sorry to Natalie for cutting our playdate to just a half hour due to unforetold circumstances.
The day didn't get much better after that, but I'll spare you the details.
I sure hope I'm not the only mom who's experienced this horrifying event. (Loud exhausted SIGH!!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
That's funny. That has happened to me too. Not in a public pool though. The whole "fountain of chocolate milk" was hysterical. Poor kid just couldn't hold it. Too bad he's not old enough to tell him to walk over to the lifeguard and thell them himself that he pooped in the pool. Then you could've just slid on a hat and some sunglasses and made your way out of the pool with Elliott wrapped up in a towel from head to toe. Thanks for the laugh
I'll only say that you are most definitely NOT the only one. How do I know that??? I'll never tell....LOL!
Oh my gosh--the mental picture of poop spewing is giving me quite the chuckle! :)
I use to get really frustrated with Sarah and the poop training--hang in there. First ones the worst--you're learning too. :) Hope you are feeling better.
Oh my! I'm not laughing, I'm actually really frustrated for you cuz I hate cleaning pool poop. Nasty! Love you and can't wait to see you guys! :)
Oh man I can totally understand how frustrating it is to continue to clean poop out of underwear. We're still there sometimes with Jax and it's frustrating. It just takes time for them to get totally comfortable and with Jax I have to be SO patient- he'll do it when he's ready. And no worries about the pool- every mother will know exactly what you were feeling and chalk it up to the joys of motherhood. Someday you and Elliot will look back and laugh your heads off ;)
Why is it that being a mom is often all about poop? Poor girl! Did I tell you about the time Tom and I had a poop stand off? Oh ya. Those days are vivid in my mind.
Derek and I just read that in the box office and died! i love it!! haha
Oh Chels! It's not a big deal- if it wasn't Elliot it would have been Porter, or some other kid. I was sad our play date got cut short though :( We'll go again. Sorry about all the poop messes you've had to clean up. I know how frustrating that can be. I wish I had some tips for you.
lol.
Hey Chelsea,
I was blog surfing tonight and ran into your blog. I just had to say that that same thing happened to Bella last week at our YMCA pool too. She sat on the fountains and the poop just came out. Yeah, it was gross.
And the lifeguards said it happens all the time. It just stimulates the kid's little sphincters.
Anyhow, I know we'll probably never see each other again but I do know some people who live in Indy who you may run into: Heather Whitehead, Alisha Bailey, Missy Rogers?
Good luck on bed rest. I may not stumble on your blog again. But if I do, I'm sure it will be after your twins turn 1. Good luck! I hear the 1st year is the hardest.
~Rachel Freeman
Post a Comment