Monday, July 12, 2010
Girls Camp 2010
I had the fantastic opportunity to be a Level Leader for the 3rd year campers this year. It was such a new experience. When I was at girls camp we camped in wards, camped in tents, and it was only a 3 day event. This experience was full of decorations, treats and gift planning for 16 girls from all over the stake for a week. I had no idea the amount of planning and prep that needed to take place before hand. I was so lucky to have Sarah L. as my assistant and 5 awesome Youth Leaders to help prepare, otherwise there's no way it would have come together.
I kept trying to remind myself the details I was working on weren't what was important. The presence of the spirit and creating a learning atmosphere was what was top priority.
The week went splendid. There was TONS I learned and wished I would have thought about, but overall everything ran smoothly. Our camp director and Stake Leaders put so much work into it and it was amazing. From the food to the crafts to the nightly devotionals. All were just awesome!!
I was exhausted. Being 13 weeks pregnant with twins I had to sneak naps during the afternoon just to survive each day. We usually got about 6 hours of sleep each night and that with the ever consuming nausea, it was tough just to keep moving each day.
Aside from all that, the girls I got to spend time with were amazing! It amazes me what these girls face on a day to day basis and how strong and faithful they are. Living outside of Utah is such a new experience. It scares me to death thinking of raising my kids surrounded by the ever increasing temptations and attacks on righteous living. Our youth today are just amazing!
"There's no place like home"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You've got a TON of youth! They're lucky to have you!
Post a Comment