Thursday, October 14, 2010

DAY 1 of my new life

I knew it would happen sooner or later.....I'm officially on bed rest. Ugh! Not only that but I'm hooked up to a Terbutaline pump that is constantly giving my small and sometimes large doses of the drug. Not too big a deal except when I get the big doses of the drug I feel like I'm about to leap out of my own skin. My heart rate shoots through the roof and I feel like I can't breathe. My hands and pretty much whole body feels like it's convulsing. What a weird sensation. Not cool.  Supposedly the side effects are going to be less obvious to me as my body gets used to the drug. Let's hope so.

I also get to (look at my trying to be positive :) monitor my contractions twice a day and send them into a company who keeps track of what they're doing.  Kick counts are also involved here. Also, trying to keep Elliot from touching buttons while the strip is running seems to be a bit of a challenge. So many fun buttons and lights, it's simply irresistible for a 3 year old.

Movies and board games on the floor is how we spent our first day down. Not too bad so far. I'm trying to look at the bright side and keep my eye on the 36 week goal. That's only 9 weeks away. I CAN DO IT!

BTW: there wasn't anything that really trigger the need for all this. I was just generally not feeling well for a couple days and my MD decided to jump the gun. I guess it's better safe then sorry. I'd much rather be home doing all this then in the hospital I guess... so there, yet another blessing to be counted :)

Hooray for safe healthy babies! These pictures really helped put it into perspective for me. It was definitely a  tender mercy sent straight from Heavenly Father (and probably some help from my dad) that helped me survive hard news and a beginning to a new situation.

Here's to motherhood and all the sacrifices that are SO WORTH IT!!

ps: thanks to all who have already been so kind to offer help, support and prayers. I have an army of amazing people surrounding me and I know I couldn't stay sane with out your support! LOVE YOU ALL!






Baby A: I have a feeling is going to be the head strong type personality. He was very stubborn and refused to move his arms for a photo. The last one was the closest we could get to a face shot. He's generally more rough when he's active and more active in general compared to his brother. He's on bottom so he's probably just trying to kick his brother out of his way. :)

Baby B: Much more cooperative. I have a feeling he'll be more like Elliot. A little more gentle. He's on top so I can feel more distinct movements from him because of it. His are the ones you can see just looking at the top of my belly.

So fun to pick up on their personalities when I haven't even met them. I'm so anxious to get them here in my arms. Preferably fat and healthy!

14 comments:

Liz Rose said...

Best wishes Chelsea! Enjoy your "rest" time. We all know what happens after they get here. :) Can't wait to meet them--even if it is via Facebook. :)

Ashley said...

Oh, Chelsea! You can do it! It sounds hard, but hopefully the end result is two healthy, cute little boys. :o)

Melissa S. said...

Sorry to hear about the bed rest thing. 9 weeks IS a long time, but maybe with all the holiday food/movies/weather it might make staying inside more fun?.....maybe. Either way, to have 2 healthy babies at the end is worth anything, and you're right about that. I can't IMAGINE being hooked up to that stuff all day!!!!! Crazy to think you were just biking all across the midwest! :)
Those pictures are absolutely adorable!!!!so stinkin' cute.

Kim said...

Oh I was hoping you would get away with no bedrest!!! But at least you made it this far right?

Kasi French said...

Chels ~ I'll be home in about 70 days to hold those little ones or take Elliot out for some fun {exhausting} time on a sled hill {as we know that state you currently reside in only has hills!}!! Until then, all my love and prayers. Let me know if you need anything ~ my parents are aching for some Elliot time! Love you!!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad to hear that everything is going well, except the bed rest of course! I hope you have netflix. Good luck with the next 9 weeks!

Emily J. said...

Oh man Chels I wish I was closer to help you out. Hope you have a good book to read when Elliot is napping. Good luck with the drugs...I hope they help you reach your goal

Hayden and Lisa said...

Chelsea!! Wow!! I can't believe you are pregnant with twin little boys!! How cute! Do you have names picked out?? Bedrest aahhhh!!!! So you are at home?? That's nice... 9 weeks wow! You are amazing!! I was on bedrest for 5 weeks at the hospital, not fun, but like oyu said worth it. It's crazy the things we do for your kids, huh? 36 weeks would be amazing, I think that is considered full term for twins. I made it to 34 and my babies were perfectly healthy, just Elle was really small because she had bad cord flow. But I am so excited for you and will be praying for you and thinking about you guys! Love you

Sharli said...

You go girl! You are the strongest woman I know and I'm certain you will get through this just fine. ICBW, right? I wish I lived next door... I would take Elliot EVERYDAY while you rested if I could! Please call me if you get bored and need someone to talk to, cry to, laugh with, etc. I love you and your family so much! We're praying for you and those cute little ones. Give Elliot a kiss from me. :)

Michele Ringer said...

LOVE YOU! My mom called me after reading your blog this morning and told me tons of funny stories about being on bed rest when she was pregnant with my little brothers. She said I was 2 and a half then and that I just laid on the bed with her all day and read books. Even though her doctor was mad at her A LOT for breaking the rules, she got through it with 5 kids! You can do it!! We're all thinking about you and praying for you. Love you girl!

Jon and Melissa said...

Oh Chelsea-it is amazing what a mother can do for the safety of her babies. I will be praying for you, I know that is what got me through -mine was 9 weeks too and it flew by because of the desire to keep the baby inside and healthy. My biggest tip is to keep yourself busy while of course not getting up. If there is anyone close who can teach you to crochet or something that is what kept me sane-making beanie's for my baby and others. I know you can do it, if you ever need some ideas on how to keep sane and positive I would LOVE to chat with you. jmhanderson@gmail.com
Love ya girl

Amy F. said...

You are amazing!! That can not be easy, but way to make the most of it!! I will FORE SURE appreciate the blessings in my life even more now. ;)
So how exciting to have another set of twins in the family??!
(And I totally think you can sense personalities in the womb).
Hang in there!
If blogging helps, than blog away! Tell us anything at all :)

kat said...

Sending my love and prayers your way. You are AMAZING!! I know you can do anything you set your mind to. Sure love you and your cute little family!!

Ariel said...

You can do it! I wish I was there to help with Elliot. I don"t know how women do bed rest with a toddler, but they do and you can too! you are in our prayers.