Friday, October 5, 2007

Long Lost Friends

I'm learning to love this blog thing more and more. I just ran into some old high school buds and am loving seeing them and their cute as can be kids. It really takes me back to the good old days of SVHS! So many fun memories - Cheer, Swimming, Musicals, TEAM. All so fun. I can't believe it's been over 6 years. WILD! Time flies when you're having fun I guess. I couldn't ask for more.
J.R. and I live in Columbus, Ohio where J.R. is in his third year of dental school. I've been working as a RN at a HUGE hospital in the postpartum unit. I love it. It's much more low key then the tele/medical unit I was on before. It's nice not to be "practicing" my CPR skills so often. Being a RN rocks. The schedule lets me keep working and still be home with Elliot. Perfect! Ohio is great but I just live for the day we are out of school and settled somewhere closer to family. Don't get me wrong...I have really liked living here. It's fun to be out on your own and making new friends and seeing the world outside of little ol' Utah, but it would be nice to be to things like your little bros mission farewell (GO Dies, the Phillipines is going to love you) and sister's first cheer experience (Whit you look way better in a cheer skirt then I ever did) and your sweet nephews birthday parties ( I miss you Carter & Tanner) - but life moves on and new memories are made. Where would we be without family? It's the reason I wake up in the morning.
I LOVE YOU J.R. ELLIOT and my two sweet angels!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I love the update! Sometimes I love it when people just write. It helps me get to know them and learn more about what's new in their lives. Your post was very sweet. I hope your time flies out there so you can be closer to family (and friends) again. Miss you!

Trisha said...

It is likewise so fun to see your family! Jon's oldest brother lived in Columbus for a couple of years and we visited once and loved it! And least you live in a cool place if you have to be away from family! I'll keep blog stalking you if you don't mind!

Joni said...

Um, hi.
I'm an old friend of J.R.'s. At least, I hope he would call me a friend. Anyway, I hopped over here from Trisha's blog. When she said Jon's older brother lived in Columbus, that was my husband (and me). Your family is adorable.

As I was looking at all your pictures, the coincidences became too much and I had to comment. Is that, by chance, a Dominion home? It looks exactly like our community in Columbus. Also, we have a green couch just like that and the exact same Martha Stuart bedding.

Anyway, GO BUCKS! Don't wish away your time there. We miss it.

carlyl said...

Chel, I found you. I love the blog this is going to be so fun seeing what you guys are up to. I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. Elliot is a doll. You look so cute too. Miss you.

The Hoths said...

thanks for the update. I didn't know that you are an RN. I bet your one of the best. I can see you being really great at that, you're always so caring and worrying about others. I'm sorry to hear about your twins. I can't imagine going through something like that. have a great day!

Becca said...

Hi guys! So good to see what you're up to! Man, we miss hanging out with you and the good ol' Logan days. Your little Elliot is adorable...I'm sure you are such great parents. Chels, I bet you are such a great RN. Love the hair, too. JR, keep up the good work at school...do you break into song during your classes? Your patients will love that. Can't wait to see you guys in December!
Love, Becca

Joni said...

To answer the question you left over at my blog, we lived we down south, right off of 104 in the Grove City area. We lived in Columbus from Sept. 03 to Feb. 06. Now we live in Omaha.