I LOVE MONDAYS! You may ask how in the world can anyone love Mondays. Nothing good ever comes from the first day of a long, busy, sometimes monotonous week....BUT I beg to differ! Mondays are the days I get a letter from my little brother who is serving a mission in the Philippines. He always makes me feel so good!
I've been thinking a lot about missionary work and have been reading from the Preach My Gospel book. It seems like I'm really challenging my spirit to truely KNOW the gospel is true. I've always grown up believing what I've been taught and have had the feelings of the spirit confirming the truth, but I have found that it's so different putting those feelings into words and learning how to explain them to others. I've come to have a real appreciation for missionary work and the dedication it deserves.
I've discovered that it's not just about teaching the gospel, but it is truely desiring ETERNAL HAPPINESS for the other person. Regardless of any pride that comes from teaching...it's about your love for your friend and your concern for their eternal well being.
Ironically after my scripture study this morning I read Derek's letter and this was in it.
(He is talking about a family he had just baptised and what it really means)
"We just helped that family take the first step to eternal happiness. Now, if they choose, they are able to recreive all of the blessings of eternity. Before or without baptism they didnt even have the choice. In reality we are helping people open the doors to the celetial kingdom, the greatest gift anyone could give or recieve. "
I love my little bro. Baptism is an eternal commitment that puts us on that path to eternal life. I am so blessed!!
Happy Monday Everyone!
7 comments:
such an awesome post! thanks!
Chels- it's been a while since I've had a chance to look at blogs- so I was excited to see how much you've posted!! Elliot is growing up too fast! He is so cute!! Derek sounds like he's doing awesome! (it's so cool to watch them grow spiritually-makes me think I should go on a mission...asap!)Have you decided what you are doing this summer yet?? love ya!
I love missionary letters. They are seriously the best testimony builders. It's amazing how their spirit can travel through the letters and you feel so empowered to do better. My little bro is serving in Uraguay and we get letters on Mondays also. I'll have to agree with you that his letters make Mondays great!
I love all the pics of Elliot. He is growing so fast. What a cute crawler.
Hi chelsea! what a cute family! and an inspiring post. Katy Bell just came over today and help me put pictures on my blog and now I am hooked to blogging- it is so fun to see your cute family. Natelli
Chels, I can totally understand where you are coming from. I have a brother in Mexico right now and he has written some amazing letters that bring me to tears on Mondays. It's not just an emotional thing, but you can really feel the spirit they bring. It makes you so proud of how far these missionaries have come and are still going... That was a great post.
Well said. I also love the title of your blog, you truly have the right perspective. We miss you guys and love peeking in on you and your cute family. I've been thinking a lot about our time in Logan lately, you guys were a big part of that experience, thanks!
Beautiful post Chelsea. Thanks for the reminder. Enjoy your mondays!
ps. your comment on my blog made me laugh out loud. I'm sure you're "on sale!" :)
Post a Comment