Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day Fun - long story, watch out!

It was so nice to have J.R. home with us all day. After Elliot's morning nap we took off with the Clement's to Alum Creek. It's a pretty big lake with beach similar to Bear Lake. Elliot loved the water (no surprise) and unfortunatly loved to eat the sand. Maybe that's why he threw up that night...(that comes later).
Along with the fun in the sun we also had an intersting encounter with our friends south of the border. As we were setting up our little space on the beach and J.R. was getting out the video camera to take some shots of the lake there was a little posse of mexies that wondered over and just hoovered right by our stuff. They weren't watching anyone and didn't even sit down. Just hoovered, sneekily looking back at our bag with our camera's in it. J.R. noticed right away and staked his spot on the chair to keep an eye. Once I noticed J.R wasn't being very social and saw the posse I told him to just take all our valuables back to the car so we don't have to worry about it. - It has now been about 2 hours and these guys are still standing and hoovering - J.R. then packs up and heads for the car. I watch the posse and sure enough they turn right around and following out to the parking lot. AAAHHH....I start to get all nervous wondering just how far these guys would go to get a camera, so I followed right behind them. They watched from the curb as J.R. walked to the car. I figured they would probably try to break into the car as soon as he left so I signaled to J.R. to get in the car and drive around for a minute. The posse finally walked over to the rest of their gang and a few minutes later J.R. came back to the beach having parked the car further away and in plain sight of lots of people. Whoosh he was safe!
We played for a bit longer then headed back to the car to go home. As we were walking to the car I noticed that pretty much the whole beach was covered in Mexi-fries. I wonder if they would have helped the posse or us if things had gotten messy? Luckily we left the beach with everything we came with and we were safe. Not too great an impression for my first time to the Creek. Huh.

After an adventurous day at the beach & another nap for the boys we headed to the Clippers baseball game. It was dime-a-dog night and seats were pretty cheap. We each got 5 hotdogs for a dime each dog. Logan scarfed down about 5 on his own and Elliot wouldn't even lick one. Go figure, best friends and completely opposite appetites. The game was crowded, but the fireworks at the end made it worth it.

Over all it was a great day. Glen and Sarah are a blast to hang out with! Let's do it again guys, you ROCK!
-Oh yeah, about the barf....when we were about a mile away from home Elliot threw up EVERYWHERE! All over him, his car seat, the diaper bag that happened to be wide open under his feet, and the back of the seat. Nasty. Poor baby. I felt terrible. It was almost 2 hours past his bed time and it had been a very busy day. He hadn't eaten anything all day so I'm surprised there was anything in his stomach. He must have felt bad all day. So sad!

At the baseball game

The Clements


Watching the fireworks

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Wow, what an adventure! I love that you call them mexi-fries because I totally do, too! Ha ha, it's all fun and games. I'm glad you guys are okay though!