Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The fastest Disneyland Trip Ever

Hangin' at the Disney trick or treat party.
Can you tell Elliot has been sucking on his binky? It made his mustache and beard look funny.

(I hate that it posts my pics out of order, but I have no patience to fix it so sorry if it bugs anyone else, but at least I got them on my blog at all.... )

What a wild weekend. Just a few weeks ago flight prices dropped pretty low and we jumped on the "Davis family trip to Disneyland" bandwagon. We flew in on Thursday morning went to Disneyland Thursday and Friday. Went to the Friday night Trick or Treat thing (which was awesome). Then hit up Seaworld on Saturday and flew back to Ohio Sunday morning. Whew....is anyone else exhausted?

The best part was we surprised everyone (except Erin & T.J.) No one knew we were coming and Erin just showed up in the middle of the group holding Elliot saying he was lost. It took a minute, but they realized quickly it was Elliot and started looking for J.R and I. FUNNY! Classic J.R. - He told me the only way we could go is if I promised to make it a surprise. I'm not big on surprises, but it got us to Disneyland so I'll put up with it.

Elliot loved Disneyland. He loved the characters and parades, had fun on the rides, and mostly loved just being with his cousins. Seaworld was a major hit too. He was totally captivated by the animal shows and loved looking at the fish through the glass. The only down fall was the major soaking we got during the Dolphin show. I felt like an abusive parent. We seriously got drilled and Elliot hated it. (thanks alot Erin for saving the seats right in the "soak zone" - JK. I would have felt wierd if we left seaworld without a bit of a wet booty :)

The plane flight to CA was exhausting. He was wild, and 5 hours on a tightly packed plane was less then desirable to a busy 16 mo old. He did not sleep on either flight till the last 5 minutes of the plane decending into California. Then we had to wake him just to get on a bus for 45 min trying to get to our hotel. (no he didn't sleep on the bus either) J.R. and I were beat. We put him down for a long nap before we even wanted to attempted the crazy disneyland scene. I'm pretty sure Elliot was exhausted and over stimulated for 3 straight days - (He has napped for about 6 hours each day since we got home) He had no choice but to pass out on the flights home. It was much more peaceful coming home. J.R. and I even got to watch a movie on one of the flights. Sweet!

Petting the Dolphins
I think this Dolphin was trying to eat him
Chilling at the Shamu show


Elliot and his Mickey sucker waiting in yet another LONG line.


(Notice his little monkey backpack. It was great. He could walk by himself and I could keep him within reach)


Riding the rides. Not sure how he felt about this one.



He mostly liked the ones with cool stuff to see. ie: pirates, buzz lightyear, tiki room etc...



Playing in Goofy's house




The flight to California. This is early on the first flight. I think Elliot can sense what is coming....Long restless hours.
The last 5 minutes...everyone around us thought it was pretty funny too.
Hooray, halloween in Mickeytown!


Waiting on a parade.


The gang: Kenz, Ty, Me, Elliot, Erin, Tanner, Shar, Carter, T.J, Andy



This was a fun spot. A little play ground in Goofy's back yard.

6 comments:

Liz Rose said...

Patrick was at Disneyland on Friday too!!!!! That would've been great if you had run into each other. He was meeting some old friends down there after work.
Also--love the monkey back pack. We have a puppy one, and we have LOVED it. It doesn't look like a "leash"--and its perfect for that age when they don't want to sit in a stroller.
Glad you were able to meet up with your family--good memories.

Trisha said...

Okay, so the cousin hug in the video...that is cutest thing ever! I loved how he was patting Elliot's back!

Jenny said...

Yay - how fun! I love Disneyland. Plane trips are definitely hard on a kid (and parents, too). I'm glad you had fun!

Ashley said...

What a fun trip! I bet your family was thrilled to see you. We have the same monkey backpack for Ryan. It is a LIFESAVER in crowed places.

So fun to see your family. :o)

Teddy said...

Oh how fun! We are jealous! Did you get your knee operated on Chel?

Stacy Ellison said...

what a fun trip! i bet it was great to see family. oh i don't think i ever replied to jr's post, he is more thank welcome to stay with us. it will be great to see him again. i didn't see any mention of you coming, but i think you should! that would be even more fun! :)