Thursday, July 24, 2008

Memory Lane

Memories...
Here are the rules:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.

(If anyone knows me you know I have the worst memory in the world, so this could be very helpful in reminding me about my past :0) - J.R. too if you know him better then me.

8 comments:

Kasi French said...

Sorting through the memories of knowing you has been fun ... I think one of my favorites was the 'impromtu bachelorette party' you, Mar, and I had the day before your wedding. Life at the Davis house was a bit crazy and getting out was necessary ~ what with all the bows, flowers, and fluff! We went to coldstone and sat outside talking. It seems so long ago and now we seemed so young but talking that night, hearing you say "The only opinion that counts is the one from the Lord" ... well, I still think of that comment often!

That was a bit serious ~ there are also the fun memories of you showing up at the aparment with one guy in the car and another guy back at your apartment ... then it was drama, now it is fun and laughable memories!

MISS YOU!

Jenny said...

MEMORIES OF CHELSEA:

-I remember J.R. calling me to tell me about this amazing girl in Sunburst that he wanted to ask out. He called me many times to ask my advice on "what to do" in certain situations with you.

-When you and J.R. came to my wedding luncheon. You guys told me that you were getting married, but that it wasn't official yet. J.R. said that I was the first one to know. I don't know if that's true or not, but I felt special knowing first!

-This last one embarasses me and you were probably like, "Dude, this girl is weird." Ha ha, anyway, you and J.R. came down to Cedar to see some plays. J.R. told me that you two were going to come visit me "if you had time". I thought J.R. was just pretending to be nice and that there wasn't a chance in a million years that you two would come visit me. I had just got done working out and was napping on my couch when I got a knock on the door. I was stinky and looked horrible. I opened the door and then when I saw it was you two I hurried and slammed the door shut. I wasn't expecting you guys so I was surprised and I was SO embarassed by how I looked! I remember Chelsea looking at J.R. like, "What just happened?" Ha ha, anyway, I just remember that look on Chelsea's face when I opened the door back up.

-And I've LOVED getting to know Chelsea through this blog!


MEMORIES OF J.R.:

-Where do I start??? J.R. was seriously my best bud!

-My first memory of J.R. was when he sang "C'est Moi" in the Miss Snow pageant. He forgot the words to the song, but I totally thought it was part of the act. He definitely played it cool. I remember thinking how talented and funny he was.

-The first time we hung out and he made lemon chicken (or something like that). He's a good cook!

-When I broke my wrist and he took me to the doctor's. We didn't know my wrist was broken and we thought it would be a quick appointment. J.R. waited out in the waiting room and I came out like an hour and a half later with a full arm cast! Ha ha, I still feel bad that he had to sit out there for that long!

-Rollerblading all around campus. I also remember rollerblading in Salt Lake one time on the Jordan Parkway. J.R. said, "Let's race, I'll give you a five minute head-start." The trail was a few miles long and I thought I'd waste J.R. since I had a head-start. As I was turning the corner of the last 100 yards, I hear J.R. catching up! It was a sprint to the finish line and I BARELY won! I still don't think he waited the full five minutes... :0)

-J.R. asking me to come watch him do his dance from "Kiss Me, Kate" and asking for my advice.

-Watching "Muppets From Space" together.

-Having everyone at Snow warn me to stay away from J.R. because he was a player! Ha ha, I think they all just wanted him.

-The time we went to the Palisades (I think that's what it was called). J.R. and some other guy wanted to swim across the whole lake. I thought for sure he was going to die!

-The day you got married. I could tell you were both so happy and in love. I couldn't have been happier for the two of you!


I'M SORRY I WROTE SO MUCH! I didn't spell-check so I hope it's all ok.

The Cederstrom's said...

We were up at Pickleville this weekend, and saw the melodrama, and it reminded me about when you were in the same show the first year that I came to Pickleville. I think that you and JR were better "Coyotes" than this year... but I tend to prefer watching people that I know...
from: Brook

Remember when we were kids and we went to Grandma Davis' on Christmas Eve. We used to all pile in the Blue Room, and we would wake up really early and try to send each other on reconnaisance missions to spy on our presents? Those were the good old days!
from David

kevin said...

We were just at Bear Lake last week and after a fun day on the lake, we drove past Camp Hunt on our way to a condo to get cleaned up for Pickleville. Even though I have MANY more, and perhaps better memories, ithought I would share with you the flood of memories of you, Michael, and me the year of The Faithful Footman. That was a great year and fun times.
Miss you Chels

kevin said...

A memory of JR

Well, I can go back over 12 years ago, or just a few months ago. But I’ll share two. They are:

Blades!


Doing leaps across State Street and Vine in Murray after his performance with the hypnotist. My mom still thinks he was under the spell!

Dominoe said...

I just have to stop lurking to tell you my first memory of you - Sr. year of high school, drama convention in St. George. We were in the same group for the Stephen Schwartz musical number "By My Side." You got one of the solos and I remember thinking, "She's such a great singer and so nice!"

Nicholas said...

I remember two crazy girls who spent all day at Lagoon with a bunch of the p-ville gang. Later that night we went to the Olive Garden. We didn't get home until about 1:00 in the morning, and at 3:00 a.m. (yes, only two hours later) we met up again to drive back to Salt lake to send a missionary off. We were so tired that on the freeway I remember asking you (Chels), "Did we just take an exit?" I think I asked you about 3 times before I realized that we were still driving on an almost empty freeway. We were so tired.:-) Good times!

Teddy said...

My first memory of Chels was the year I was in Sunburst with TJ and his cute family came up to Sun Valley and my mom hitched a ride home with you guys. You made her feel so welcome and comfortable.

Then when we got to hear you sing at TJ's farewell. What a voice!

Then, watching you perform in St. George and your solo, was it brother could your spare a dime, or lend a dime? I just remember your RICH ALTO VOICE!

JR, we were ALMOST partners for the wa-hoo review. I was so sad to miss out on that year. What fun it could have been . . . the next time I saw you was in St. George as well, and I love seeing you guys pop out from behind the juke box. What great performers you both are.

Good times:)