During our trip to Utah, J.R. and I took a side trip to Sun Valley. It was a blast! We got to see the dress rehearsals for the Wahoo Review, went bike riding, toured the construction sites for the ampitheater and new golf club house, and took golf carts up around the new golf course. Michael Dubois came with us and met up with our friend Kim. Such good friends and sweet times! We seriously love hanging out with Doobie. He is so funny. J.R. likes hanging out with him because he is always willing to try anything at least once...even if it is a random dare that J.R. wouldn't even do. We all have such a good time together. We love Mike, he's the best!
(Anyway, back to S.V.) We have never been to Sun Valley in the summer, but I think we are hooked! It just might be our new summer vacation spot once we have money to burn. Thanks John & Derek for hooking us up! You're the best!
(Unfortunatly we were just a few days short of being about to take our bikes to the top of the ski hill thanks to the wild and crazy mother Elk...bummer.)
ps: thanks mom, Ty and Kenz for watching Elliot. I'm sure he liked the break from us.
- sorry the pics are in such a random order. Hey, at least I got them on the blog.

Ampitheater construction...John couldn't tell us how much it cost to build, but you could guess millions! It was gorgeous! Stones from Greece, pieces shipped from switzerland - they seriously paid no expense. That's the Holdings for you (have you ever heard the story about Earl's piano in his house at Sun Valley? Ask, he'll tell you the whole story - amazing!)

Swans may be pretty, but the new mothers are crazy! What is with the mother animals being raged wild beasts.......oh wait, hormones, I guess I should know :0)

Golf Club House construction...J.R. looks so good in a hard hat! Once again, no expense paid. There is going to be a huge day spa in the basement because they just didn't want to waste the space. SO....the deal will be that J.R. can golf if I can spend the same amount of time at the spa. Pretty good swap huh?

Near the top of the bike trail we were riding. (Brigham got us hooked and now we are obsessed)

In the back of the golf cart - These carts had to have 2 gears to get us up the hills on the course. They were powerful, which made for a fun ride!


At the end of the bike trail. (Michael was so funny...he didn't want to wear his helmet because it messed up his hair. He'll think messy hair when he gets a concussion)

On the golf course....It was so beautiful. I guess I can see why J.R. likes to golf so much. Too bad we'll never be able to afford to golf here.
No comments:
Post a Comment