Sunday, August 10, 2008

Unexpected Visitors

Yesterday J.R. and I were sitting around wondering what we should do to fill the rest of the night when we heard a knock at the door. Two handsome guys stood in our doorway and said they had an important message to share. J.R. couldn't resist his natural Haynie tendencies and lead them on for a couple minutes till I couldn't take it. I poked my head around the corner and told them J.R. is mean and we are LDS. They were a tad embarrassed, but glad to be welcomed into our home, even if we were already members. We gave them drinks and sat and chatted for a while. We invited them back for dinner after they finished tracting in our neighborhood. They were very polite and encouraged us in our missionary efforts. Elder Titensor's dad played for the Dallas Cowboys and Elder Thomas was from Willard and new a bunch of people J.R. knew. Pretty neat kids....couldn't help thinking about Derek. The blond one kinda looks like Dies- I wanted to give him a big hug, but figured that would be inappropriate.
Here's to missionaries and all their hard work!
LOVE YOU DEREK!
Elder Thomas - Elder Haynie (someday) - Elder Titensor

8 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

So funny. What a handsome little missionary you are going to have. That is a crazy thought eh?

Trisha said...

Missionaries are so fun to have over...I wish we had more of that here!

Kylene said...

Yeah for missionaries! I had to double take at the blonde one. He DOES look like Derek. But the cutest by far, little Elder Haynie. :)

Becca said...

Classic picture! Can't imagine sending our own off someday...yikes! I can TOTALLY see JR taking advantage of that moment...poor elders. :)

Kasi French said...

He's adorable ... Dies must be loving that picture of his namesake!

Teddy said...

At first glance I thought it was your brother! How fun, to give the missionaries a hard time:)

BTW, we got a wedding invitation for a girl named Carolyn Haynie, any relation? She is from BC and marrying a kid from my ward.

Angie said...

If you see Elder Titensor tell him we say hi. He was in our area and we fed him a couple times. I love the last name, it cracked me up. Hope everything is going great for you guys.

Teddy said...

That is so random! Congratulations to your family on a new marriage. Are you making the trip to the wedding?