Sunday, August 24, 2008

What the watermelon? Swing Success!

Backyard busy work. Unfortunatly there isn't a swing at the playground behind out house, but that didn't stop Elliot, he was determined.
Straightening the "horse" preparing for the ride
A successful ride
Hummm.....not sure he thought through the dismount.
Oh well, he likes to eat dirt anyway right?
Cutest face ever! So, maybe I'm biased, but I just can't get enough of his cheeks! Having them filled with watermelon makes it even better!
Last weekend we had a stake softball tournament. J.R. and I are on the stake activities commitee so we got to be pretty involved. J.R. organized the ball playing and I helped with the food, which meant endless watermelon for Elliot and I. YUMMY!


Elliot 15 month milestone update: (boring journal stuff)

*J.R. got him a toy golf set and Elliot loves it. He knows how to hold the club and hit the balls. He laughs and claps for himself every time he hits the ball.

*He is also learning to kick. Still not consistant, but getting there.

*We've been working on his animal sounds and he still loves to growl. That's that sound for almost anything. When ever he sees someone walking there dog by our house or if he hears a dog bark, he looks around, points, and growls. Cracks me up!

*He babbles all day long. He definitly has his own language. He will look at me and talk as if asking a question then waits for my reply then babbles back what sounds like a response then heads off to his toys to get back to "work" Too cute! We could talk all day long if I didn't break down laughing all the time - he is the cutest when he talks!

*He's a born dancer. Anytime he hears music he stops what he's doing and bust out a move or two. He does the squat bounce, swings his arms side to side and bobs his head. I can't help but get up and join him to keep him going for my viewing pleasure. Also, if he ever hears people clapping on T.V. or the radio he always takes a minute to add a few claps himself. I guess he's just genuinely appreciative of good entertainment (he he:)
*He loves baths again (after a 2 month anti bath & water experience - not sure what that was all about?)
*His kisses are so sweet. He's trying to learn to pucker, but more then likely I get the open mouth lean. Again, I can't help but laugh at his attempt to try to mimic how his daddy does it.

*His utimate love is being outside and getting soaking wet with the hose. I think he is more fish then boy. We have passes to a water park here and he really loves that. No fear at all. Just marches up to the waterslide climbs over the edge, plops down and pushes himself right down into the water. I love watching his independence, but at the same time I almost cry with love when I see him reach up for my hand to help him get down a step that's just a bit too big for him to conquer on his own. He really does have my heart in his hands.
*He is still an amazing sleeper. He sleeps about 12 hrs at night. He goes down around 8pm with a few books, prayers, songs and his blanket and binky. He cuddles on my shoulder for one song then I tell him good night, lay him in his crib (if he hasn't already tried getting out of my hands and into the crib himself) then he rolls over and just goes to bed. No fuss, no cries - easy as can be. He naps usually two times during the day 2hrs each time, which gives me much needed mommy time. His sleeping habits must take after me. I'm a bear if I don't get enough sleep and I need a lot. Heavenly Father knows me too well for sending me a sleeping angel.
*He eats pancakes (that I secretly fill with vegtables) like there's no tomorrow. He likes hot dogs, chicken nuggets, cheese sticks and yogurt. Doesn't like pasta or bread. Drinks vitamin D milk from a sippy cup. And loves fruit snacks for an occasional treat. He's very much like his father and only eats because it's a neccessity. He'll usually only eat well 2 times a day with a couple snacks in between...like I said, only if neccessary.
*He loves his buddy Logan. He gets so excited, laughs, claps and squirms out of my arms as soon as he see's his best friend. They have such a good time together. They explore everything together...I can already sense mischief going on. Like two peas in a pod, they were made to be friends. (I feel the same way about Sarah. The 4 of us were a friendship match made in heaven)
*Cute, cute, cute!!! He makes my life eventful. Keeps me busy and constantly reminds me what life is all about. I love my sweet sweet baby!

1 comment:

Erin Davis said...

How about I comment a million times! :) I just wanted to say how cute that post is. I need to do that for Hayden, since he is 4 months old now! Can you believe that? Anyway, call me about Disneyland!