So, I always thought it was okay to freeze cheese. Turns out, maybe not? I used some cheese I had frozen and added it through out all of my chicken enchiladas and it was disgusting! It tasted like the nastiest freezer burn ever. The best part was J.R. and I both tried to eat it but around bite three we looked at eachother and had to spit it out on the plate. In the end it was funny, but I still feel so bad about wasting so much food. We were supposed to eat those for the next several days. Oh well. It made for good pics. ps: Luckily Elliot didn't have to eat it...he just stuck to his sweet potatoes and rice. Yumm.
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Dinner gone bad
I don't cook that often to begin with, but when it turns into a disaster like this I see it as my excuse not to cook for another week. Luckily we got a Chilis gift card for christmas so we didn't have to starve!
So, I always thought it was okay to freeze cheese. Turns out, maybe not? I used some cheese I had frozen and added it through out all of my chicken enchiladas and it was disgusting! It tasted like the nastiest freezer burn ever. The best part was J.R. and I both tried to eat it but around bite three we looked at eachother and had to spit it out on the plate. In the end it was funny, but I still feel so bad about wasting so much food. We were supposed to eat those for the next several days. Oh well. It made for good pics. ps: Luckily Elliot didn't have to eat it...he just stuck to his sweet potatoes and rice. Yumm.


So, I always thought it was okay to freeze cheese. Turns out, maybe not? I used some cheese I had frozen and added it through out all of my chicken enchiladas and it was disgusting! It tasted like the nastiest freezer burn ever. The best part was J.R. and I both tried to eat it but around bite three we looked at eachother and had to spit it out on the plate. In the end it was funny, but I still feel so bad about wasting so much food. We were supposed to eat those for the next several days. Oh well. It made for good pics. ps: Luckily Elliot didn't have to eat it...he just stuck to his sweet potatoes and rice. Yumm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I think its so funny that Elliots bib says "I'm the little brother." Are you sure you read it before buying it!? Cute pictures.
Oh my heck he is the little brother! I'm a retard. K now its just really cute.
You're funny Erin. I love you!
Okay, he's always been cute, but come on, that smile!!! What a cutie, and he is getting so big. I LOVE how you documented your dinner disaster. I could devote an entire blog just to that. See ya soon
I freeze my cheese and that's never happened! That stinks. I hate when you work hard on a meal and it doesn't turn out.
Did you see the pictures of my "pot pie" disaster I put on my "myspace" page????
YES, Elliot IS the Little Brother!!! Hello! Ha ha ha. Hayley had a shirt (that was mine when I was little) that said, "I'm the little sister" and everyone was like, "What the heck? She's an only child." Drove me nuts.
Ha ha, I am laughing SO hard at your dinner disaster. You make me laugh!
Post a Comment